Songs That Stayed....

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I was all of Seventeen when this album broke loose - I don't think looking back, I got swept up and away with Punk. At the time my station in life was pretty shitty and the Country refelected this also....so the urgency and rebellious feel of these songs matched my addled mind of the time.. money was tight and I jobbed about between College to earn ticket dosh for gigs... or records.
I saw The Damned, The Jam and The Adverts in the same gig, the rawness was an extension of Iggy & the Stooges ( to me anyway.) others of a slightly complex nature appealed to... not that the 'one chord wonders' didn't float my boat- Mink Deville, The Motors, Graham Parker and The Cure etc... we're a notch up from phelgm stepping at the 100 Club.
Many a day my Garrard set-up played this song and the words reflect the fuckery of it all (even today.)
I taped this onto a TDK C90 in 1978 and that's what I'm playing how- little has changed within me in 60 odd years and I'm proud I never voted or was a sheep... have a butchers at the song.... bin' with me since time:
The Jam - Life From A Window.

Romulus

Reaction score
When I was a small boy my mother had a lodger staying in my house His name was Piers and I remember he was a bit of a hippy. I liked him he was kind to me and I remember this beautiful blonde in a white mac came calling for him at the front door of the house. I opened the door and remember she made a big impression on me because she was so beautiful. One day when Piers was out I wondered into his room and saw a turntable on the floor and some single records next to it (45pm). So I got one of the singles and managed to play it on the turntable. What came out of it has been engraved in my memory for ever. It was Rolling Stones - 'Paint it Black', to date in my modest opinion none of their other songs comes near to the heights of this song...

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Wasn't long back in the UK and was upto my old tricks - up all night and gettin' into bother with the filth etc.. I took a job in a club and got straight - smoothed out on low level speed basically. Though never was J unkie central.... so to speak, through a friend and my subscription to the mag Trouser Press I blagged an invite to this film's premiere and the bunfight back at a swish hotel.. met the now departed Dodi Al Fayed who produced ( I think?)
Still today this tune marks recovery and recently I learnt that the saxophonist here lost his fingers in a chainsaw accident and plays no more.. tipping my hat to Wesley Mcgoogan.
Hazel O'Connor - Will You.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online