Songs That Stayed....

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This piece goes back to my obsession with Ted Newman five strings... obvs not able to afford one, I went for the 'Street' version and left off the sixth!
The way this track builds gets me everytime - I trucked with some funky cats at this time and they were solid reggae road men.... they laughed at me hunting tickets to get to see Led Zeppelin... (jus' to see Stanley Clarke and Zigaboo Modeliste) who stood with Keith, Ron and Bobby Keyes in
The Barbarians!
I save my gatefold copy for whoever goes after me-the CD copy often gets some hammer.
The Meters -Middle Of The Road.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Was doing crazy hours in a lead & zinc mine... a good 2 hours each way and the kids were only tots.
One of those 5 CD changers was in the trunk 'Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts' was an album I'd blast regular. I lost a great mate (RIP Nigel)... I was following him home and alas his Toyota took to the air over a hump backed bridge.
The job wasn't the same after that-
.... this was a tune off that album we'd play it in the locker room or if i was running him home.
Great days, pay and friendship.
Kula Shaker - (with Arthur Brown) - Mystical Machine Gun.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
(not to be confused with the excellent Steely Dan song.)
Sunday nights late 80s and early 90s here - just moved into my own gaff, and was on the pigs back!
Dreading the impending grind the following morning.... I'd glue my ears to 'Here Be Dragons' on Radio Trent,hosted by the late and lamented John Shaw, a must listen to show every Sunday night... He played this one warm summer's night... I never forgot it... Derby's very own -
Dave Sudbury - The Caves Of Altamira.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Loved this song as a wee youngster and as I got older it took me back to fun times hanging out with my cousins who always had a great stereo and drums, and guitars..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Loved to watch Tom Jones when he had a show in the evening.. This is a satire video I just found and had to post it.. TOOOOO FUNNY :lmao:

But seriously.. As I got out to church dances, I tried to mimik Tom's dance moves..

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
[circa '78]....So I strolls into Bradleys Records,53148.1.280.99999.unpad.jpeg
... which was slightly upmarket for my purse... But boasting a' Window Offer' of £4.49p for this album-it was too tempting. I'd heard The Ark song on latenite radio and life at the moment was dripping with Baker Street and that Raph Ravonscroft sax break. I handed over a Lady Gidiver (fiver).... and took this gatefold delight straight home. Up to my Garrard deck and cabinet speakers.... I hopped the stylus arm from track to track; hoping to find one that "caught",
This did that, I knew of Rafferty's problems.... not just booze, but his wranglings with the music industry and it's conmen moguls. He used alienation as a vehicle (which appealed) and as explained before - vinyl, songs and music were an excellent buffer and escape.
Take a listen to the quality of work here, the song pops at 1:54- (Water of Life) break is incredible!
Some 46 years later I still have said original and the speed altered copy done at Abbey Road....it means oddly enough more to me now than ever before - but don't take my word have a listen.

Gerry Rafferty - Waiting For The Day.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Redbone reminds me of some great times cruising the local cruise strip.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online