Songs Stuck In Your Head From Artists You Generally Don't Like

Reaction score
This happens to me from time to time without explanation. And for the past few days it's this one

Can't Get Used To Losing You has been covered by dozens of performers including a hit ska version by the 1980's English Beat and recently sampled by Beyonce on her Lemonade LP. This is the one I heard as a young calf back in 1963 which reached #1 on the charts and is still my favorite version

But Andy Williams? I'll always associate him as a sweater-wearing crooner in front of a fireplace warbling bland songs to my parents and constantly cashing in on the Christmas season. He never deserved getting such a classic song handed to him on a platter

I'm sure you all have your own examples of performers you dismiss but begrudgingly love a song of theirs

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I would say this year was full of artist I was apathetic about before having at least great songs if not their best albums ever. I rarely ever dislike an artist completely (the list could fit on one hand) but these three surprised me from artists that are usually just there for me.

Katy Perry-Chained To The Rhythm

I buy Katy's albums but rarely listen to them at length. I found the last one particularly dull. This was the first time an opening single actually embedded itself in my head to want to try the new album right off. It's a different content for a Perry song and is earwormy as possible in a good way. I liked the following singles as well and the album is her strongest imo.

Nickleback-Feed The Machine

I always felt this band was doing it's job as a Rock band but nothing interested me since Silver Side Up. They started to finally start doing something else with the album prior but this was the straight up heaviest thing they'd done to my ears and I liked it upon first listen. BTW, I'm sure to fans they had similar heavy songs but I couldn't get into the shameless innuendo bar Rock songs. This one worked for me and a had a vague but still decent social message.

Linkin Park-One More Light

Before this album had a chance to sink in the unfortunate news of Chester's passing came so I don't have the honest chance to say that I loved this before his passing. I've always like a handful of Linkin Park songs through the years but I love when a band switches gears after a holding pattern and I love beautiful songs straight up. The lyrics to this song and intimate delivery of this song is one of the most beautiful, tear welling pieces in a long time whether you apply it to the singer directly or anyone you may be afraid to lose to their own mental illness and depression. It should be a beacon of light for people in the future like music can be more than anything.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Katy Perry-Chained To The Rhythm
Nickleback-Feed The Machine
Linkin Park-One More Light

ambulance-driving-o.gif

Aero

Reaction score
Sinead O' Conner.

Don't like her feminist persona and her bald head. However, I really like her old song Mandinka.

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Reaction score
As a kid, we lived in the Houston area from 1977-1979. Although I really don't like country, this song always brings back memories of my time down there. And my muscle car buddy up in Binghamton (who also doesn't like country music) just shared a version of this song with me. Here it is by the song writer:

LordJohn

Reaction score
Can't stand Oasis generally, but Wonderwall and Live Forever have that "earworm" quality to them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online