Sonata Arctica (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New album is the best they have written in some time. Has a lot of that Ecliptica sound to them.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
You could be right, Riff Raff. So far, I'd say it's their best since "The Days of Grays". I know a lot of fans didn't like that one so much, but I think it's a great album and "Deathaura" is my favourite SA track ever. I need a lot more time with the new one to really tell where it belongs in an album ranking.

I don't agree with a lot of reviews claiming that it's a return to their roots. Yes, some songs do feel a little more like old SA, but the album's got the "progressive" elements of their later material as well.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it had plenty of their original roots in it to be honest. Bit more of a mix then what Stones was.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Larger Than Life is a fantastic epic to close the new album.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nice to see a bump here...did some small minor cleanup that was needed...a couple vids replaced :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having heard the new one a few times I still think it has a lot of their elements from their early albums but also has the nice progressive edge of their newer works. Its a really great album.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
From hardradio.com

Finnish melodic metallers SONATA ARCTICA swung by the studio to re-record their debut album Ecliptica, which was released 15 years ago. This new version will be released on October 24th under the banner, Ecliptica - Revisited; 15th Anniversary Edition, on Nuclear Blast. Ecliptica was originally recorded at Tico-Tico studios and mixed at Finnvox by Mikko Karmila (Nightwish, Children Of Bodom). The album was promoted live on tour with Stratovarius and Rhapsody.

I'm not sure I like this idea. Ecliptica is their best album, and an amazing debut for any band.

The band isn't quite what they were then either, I haven't been super excited with the last couple albums.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online