Something Corporate and Jacks Mannequin: The Pop Rock Works of Andrew McMahon

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
OK I'm listening to Annie Use Your Telescope and it's instantly better than the Something Corporate songs, it's more of a Coldplay style song, the piano is audible and the lack of guitar is refreshing!

Now onto The Resolution, I agree that his songwriting has got better. It's a much more mature sound in JM than in SC, more stripped down too which I like in itself :grinthumb

Awesome! If only Jack's Mannequin had written Konstantine! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
So finally Konstantine is coming out on a standard album! Something Corporate are touring again and have released a greatest hits package which includes an EP with Konstantine! :nana: Besides the fact that some songs are remixed and good mixes at that I have every song on it but I find owning an album rather than a single with Konstantine will be worth the money!

I highly recommend this hits package for strangers of Something Corporates music!

Something Corporate-Played In Space:The Best of Something Corporate
61hsgNX%2Bb8L._SS500_.jpg

Here are the newly rerecorded/released songs!

I Woke Up In A Car

Letters to Noelle

Wait

Watch The Sky
(previously unreleased on album)

Forget December

And the only time I've ever repeated a song in a thread because it's so important this album has Konstantine available to the mass public for the first time:

Konstantine

Konstantine
(live 2010)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Wait a tick.....I thought Andrew McMahon said he'd never play this song live. :wtf:

He recently brought it back! Sometimes you have to give something a rest period and bring it back when it feels fresh again! :D I would love to see him play even more now that there is a chance for a Konstantine appearance! :grinthumb

SchindlerHaughton

Reaction score
My friend really likes Jack's Mannequin; she's the one that tipped me off to them in the first place, as a matter of fact. I like "Dark Blue," although I don't care much for the chorus. "The Mixed Tape" is a very good song though.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
He recently brought it back! Sometimes you have to give something a rest period and bring it back when it feels fresh again! :D I would love to see him play even more now that there is a chance for a Konstantine appearance! :grinthumb

If you saw him live and he played "Konstantine" would you lose it like someone in the final stages of the Bieber Fever? :heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
My friend really likes Jack's Mannequin; she's the one that tipped me off to them in the first place, as a matter of fact. I like "Dark Blue," although I don't care much for the chorus. "The Mixed Tape" is a very good song though.

That's cool! Have you given Something Corporate a try. I'll always connect to them more for various reasons though Jack's Mannequin is great as well. They would both have to be considering it's Andrew writing for both.

If you saw him live and he played "Konstantine" would you lose it like someone in the final stages of the Bieber Fever? :heheh:

Yes, I would! No screaming brat would be able to match my enthusiasm! :heheh:

SchindlerHaughton

Reaction score
That's cool! Have you given Something Corporate a try. I'll always connect to them more for various reasons though Jack's Mannequin is great as well. They would both have to be considering it's Andrew writing for both.

I'm really starting to dig "Drunk Girl," I should definitely look into them more. Bought another album of theirs from FYE.com with a spare gift card that I had to use, as well as a vinyl of Radiohead's The Bends. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online