Skids

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Skids was a punk band from Dunfermline, Scotland, founded in 1977 by Stuart Adamson, guitars / backing vocals / keyboards / percussion), William Simpson (bass guitar / backing vocals), Thomas Kellichan (drums) and Richard Jobson (vocals / guitar / keyboards).

Stuart Adamson also was in Big Country :grinthumb Rest in peace Stuart.

Scared To Dance

Animation

Iona

Hurry On Boys

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
There were some great punk bands from the UK in the 70s The Damned,Sex Pistols.Stiff Little Fingers and Scotlands finest SKIDS were up there too . Good to see a thread about this band Sunny !
What a big loss to the music scene when Stuart Adamson died...he had such an original style.
I own just one SKIDS album "Scared to dance" and a few early singles.The album to look out for is "Days in Europa" which I think was produced by Bill Nelson encouraging the band to broaden the bands style.
When Adamson left to form BIG COUNTRY SKIDS...lost the plot a bit and split. mind you I also liked the singers next band ARMOURY SHOW

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Loved 'Into the Valley', though 35 years on I still have no idea what language the singer is singing in, but it ain't English. I defy anyone to translate it without Googling it. Good band though.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
One of SKIDS most popular and amusing songs was a b side on a single. " Tv stars" as the title suggests includes the name of a few soap stars from the 1970s. It was a clever ploy by the band to have legendary Scottish and Liverpool footballer Kenny Dalglish included in the song with DJ John Peel . Of course John Peel gave it plenty of airplay ..being a big Liverpool fan :grinthumb
Altogether now....Albert Tatlock ! Albert Tatlock! [ the old chap with glasses and cap ]

PHILLK

Reaction score
They were really popular in my old area of Liverpool, but I remember when the album "days in Europa" came out, there was such a stink about it. If I remember correctly, they remastered a re-release but by then everyone was off them.

Richard Jobson went on and did lots of different things in the Arts, including film-making. I watched one of his movies a few years ago screened here in Australia, I believe it was based on his brother, who was killed...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online