Site slowness

doswizard

"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Reaction score
images

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Site has really been limping along the past hour and a half or so. Couldn't even connect for much of the last 30-45 minutes, ending up on this page:

upload_2019-4-17_20-16-36.png

Frands

Reaction score
Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Almost all those errors.....522, 524, 525.....are all the fault of the site whose server uses Cloudflare. CRF uses cloudflare.

In the forum's case, the delays were most likely caused by database updates or server maintenance. CRF probably has a decent sized database to update, which would explain the time out error.

When you get those errors there is a site you can go to, IsItDownRightNow.com, to see if the site is down for everyone or just you................

HOWEVER, Shaggy needs to know that his site is taking more than 30 minutes for update/maintenance.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Please read this:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200278659-Error-525-SSL-handshake-failed

Is the CRF site the only one that gives you problems there?
What happens if you check out a site that normally works properly, f.ex the local news site?
Having worked in either in I.T. or in a same/similar type of group for the better part of the last 25 years, I always check other sites (unrelated to this site), multiple browsers and even multiple computers (and/or phones) before posting anything about site slowness or complete inability to even browse. I even check a couple of the sister sites that reside on this same server to see if the problem is local to just this site or to the server in general.

I don't usually post on this topic for the purpose of complaining as much as to give a heads-up to the site owner so that he can check into it. If if is site-only related, he should be able to check logs to get an idea of what happened, or why. IF it is server-related (meaning this site and sister-sites), it should give an idea of where ELSE to look (ie: the vendor that is hosting the sites).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online