Simon and Garfunkel (Official Thread)

Fug

Reaction score
Re: Simon and Garfunkel

These guys started out as a late 50's duo called, Tom and Jerry. They had a minor hit called, Hey Schoolgirl/Black Slacks. Paul Simon makes a reference to Tom and Jerry in a great song from the Bridge Over Troubled Water set called, The Only Living Boy In New York. Paul wrote this track for Artie, and the line goes, "Tom get your plane right on time, I know your part will go fine". Great stuff!

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

These guys started out as a late 50's duo called, Tom and Jerry. They had a minor hit called, Hey Schoolgirl/Black Slacks. Paul Simon makes a reference to Tom and Jerry in a great song from the Bridge Over Troubled Water set called, The Only Living Boy In New York. Paul wrote this track for Artie, and the line goes, "Tom get your plane right on time, I know your part will go fine". Great stuff!

"So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright" was also written about Artie in response to his talking about quitting the duo so he could attend architecture school.

Cinder

Reaction score

Love these guys, they get right to my heart strings (well the music does lol). Sounds of Silence - great track, Mrs Robinson - always makes me feel good if Im feeling low or flat. I also like I am a Rock and there are other tracks but wont come to mind at the moment and I cant cheat by getting my CDs out as Im at work.

I was sad to hear that they split up. Loved Paul Simons solo stuff. I think they got back together again briefly not sure if they have parted waves again now though.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Big fan :D

Just for something different, thought I'd post what happens when the Garfunkel half is replaced by a Beatle:

Paul Simon and George Harrison - Homeward Bound

Thoughts?

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

That was a classic episode. I remember a week or two previously Lorne Michaels went before the camera to offer $1000 for the Beatles to reunite and perform on the show. Then on this episode, they showed a disappointed George, with Michaels telling him he'd just assumed George would have realized that for only one Beatle the price was $250.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

This is awesome! :oyea:

Paul Simon is tha shiznit! :grinthumb

Paul Simon, Chris Rock, Tracy Morgan - Scarborough Fair and Gin and Juice

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

This is awesome! :oyea:

Paul Simon is tha shiznit! :grinthumb

Paul Simon, Chris Rock, Tracy Morgan - Scarborough Fair and Gin and Juice

:oyea:

Paul Simon always had a great sense of humour. Goes back along way with SNL as well!

Remember the Turkey Suit singin', "Still Crazy After All These Years"

This is some great Chemistry...Paul Simon & John Lennon and Andy Williams as presenters at the Grammys.

Watch when Garfunkel accepts

1975 :oyea:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Simon and Garfunkel Thread

I have loved Simon & Garfunkel's songs forever!!! Hard to say which ones I like best but these two would be very near the top of the list :grinthumb

He Was My Brother

America

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.