Sex Pistols.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Agreed, I love The Clash but The Pistols are the epitome of punk :)

The Clash did something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with punk....they introduced disco sounds into their songs.....something the Pistols NEVER did :):):pullhair::pullhair:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Pistols didnt need to, their music and lyrics speak for themselves :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
God Save the Queen and EMI, two true punk songs :)

CREAM'd

Reaction score
^That. I never really rated the Sex Pistols, even after I got their greatest hits album, there's a lot of better punk out there.

Sex Pistols Greatest Hits album? I'm not saying there is no such album,but they only released 1 album(which i own),consisting of 12 songs.So what material did the use for a Greatest ''Hits'' album?

Reaction score
Sex Pistols Greatest Hits album? I'm not saying there is no such album,but they only released 1 album(which i own),consisting of 12 songs.So what material did the use for a Greatest ''Hits'' album?

They released other singles as well:D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I loved the song Anarchy in the UK. Genius.

Though personally I think Motorhead did a better version of God Save The Queen than the Pistols did. Just my opinion.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
According to their wiki page they released 10 singles,practically all of which are off the only album they released,they re-issued/re-released some of the same songs,but even so that still means they only released 10 or 11 different songs in their history.
So if they made a Sex Pistols Greatest Hits Record,surely it would be the exact same record as Never Mind The Bollocks.It could maybe have the songs in a different running order,but unless I'm missing something it would be the same record.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Probably just retitled that studio album Greatest Hits and then mixed up the same 12 songs into a random order hoping the average fan wouldn't know the difference.

Sure isn't a rare feat. Both the Fine Young Cannibals and Slaughter released greatest hits albums after only 2 studio albums.

The bands Bang Tango and Guns N' Roses both released live records before their first studio album.

In all seriousness, though, I am sure the Pistols had enough singles, leftovers, b-sides and other stuff laying around that didn't make the original album but could help "fill" up space on a greatest hits record.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online