searching for song

Status
Not open for further replies.

willg54

Reaction score
hi people, I was looking for a song on the internet. It's from the 80's. I can't remember the name or artist (kinda like Tears for Fears), but I remember some of the lyrics. Here are some of them, although I know there will be a few incorrect words in my example(sorry.) "Wouldn't it be nice to be on your side, even if it was for just one day, wouldn't it be nice if we could wish ourselves away." That's the best I can do. Can you help me out with the artist and song name? Thanks . . . . :D

willg54

Reaction score
different song

thanks telecat, but the beach boys song, "Wouldn't it be nice", is a different one. The one I am looking for is, I think, possibly by a guy with the first name "Paul." Not sure, however. Anyway, thanks for trying!!

willg54

Reaction score
Nick Kershaw, "Wouldn't it be Good." Sadly, I had to visit that darn "christian rock forum 2" :rolleyes: to get the answer to my question. Well, with so many more people on a site, there's bound to be better odds of getting a question to your answer, uh, I mean .. .well, ya know. Anyway, I like it here better. I don't feel like just another fish in the sea. I was just looking through our member list (very small) and noticed that many joined a while back, and they haven't made any posts, or been on the site since almost the day they joined. Well, even if there is only a small handful of us here . . . .well, I don't know, but I still like it here. Not so much congestion, and not so many people trying to outwit, or outcool one another, know what I mean?!? Shaggy, just hope you can keep this place going! Can I help out and send money?? (ha ha, like I really HAVE any) ...

willg54

Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking for another song title and the artist who did it. Some lyrics are,
"She was black . . . as the night,
Louis was whiter than white,
He took her home to meet his mama and papa,
Now he has to tell her goodbye."

I used to really love this song. Must have come out in the late 60's, I think. Please help me, so that I can "steal" it off the internet.

cnbpjb

Reaction score
Willg, that second song is lyrics of 1970's tune, the Stories' "Brother Louie" (I do believe; 1973 to be exact), not to be mistaken for the early 1960's party song, "Louie, Louie" by the Kingsmen. Definitely a song about interracial love. The Stories recorded for Buddah records (one of their lapel mates at the time was, Gladys Knight & the Pips, who I do believe replaced "Brother Louie" at the top of the Billboard charts with the classic tune, "Midnight Train To Georgia").

willg54

Reaction score
Whoa . . .thanks, dude!! That song's been runnin' 'round my head recently, and it's been buggin' me, ya know?!? Now I can go do an illegal song search. Gotta love those illegal song searches. Must do something bad once in a while, just to know u r alive, right? :eek:

cnbpjb

Reaction score
True. But I don't believe the search itself is illegal. The downloading might be, but not the search itself.

Also if you wanted to invest in it the best sound for this song -- "Brother Louie" by the Stories was on a three CD compilation, released by Rhino records in 1993, of much of the Buddah catalog (it captures much of the highlights, with excellent liner notes.) Just in case you don't want to do anything illegal. Most used CD stores (worth anything) should have this Buddah collection-compilation on their shelves or bins. You also get several other artists, including the Lovin' Spoonful, the aforementioned Gladys Knight & the Pips and even some of the bubblegum music of the late 1960's. (Including the hit "Green Tambourine" by the Lemon Pipers).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online