Scorpions re-record classic hits on "Comeback"

rtbuck

Reaction score
I don't know how far it dates back. I was surprised Alice Cooper re-did most of the songs on his Greatest Hits album from '74 because they really don't sound any different to me. Kiss rerecorded the songs on Double Platinum in the 70's. If these guys were doing it back then I'm sure some bands in the 60's were doing it too. I know back when CD's were new I picked up a 70's Greatest Hits double CD album & I'm listening to "Love Grows..." by Edison Lighthouse & something didn't sound right. I then noticed in small print at the bottom of the back cover:"**are original versions" which meant the songs without "**" were rerecorded versions. Only a few had "**" so I ditched the CD because I wanted all originals.

Nowadays, I hear it's royalty issues for band's current line-ups. Of course once these albums are released like the Scorpions new one or 'Alice Does Alice'(Cooper's rerecorded album last year) they're the albums that new fans will probably jump on for greatest hits because it just came out.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Were all the songs re-recorded on Alice's Hits from '74??

I know on Double Platinum it was only a few KISS tunes right?

Strutter '78, Dr. Love, Hard Luck Woman...a few others. Mainly outside of Strutter '78 they seemed more like re mixes to me. Endings stretched out...different studio effects ect.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael

Members online