Scandi Rock Thread

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: TUИEZ' Scandi Rock Thread

I see you've been busy TUNEZ....:D

I'll be back to check out the new bands you've posted when I have more time.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Wow ! Great work TUNEZ, I like every band you have loaded up here on this thread so far. The quality of bands coming out of Sweden etc is frightening.My personal faves being HARDCORE SUPERSTAR ....[ see thread ] and Finlands greatest band since Hanoi Rocks.... The 69 EYES.
Keep these "new" bands coming.....:cheers2

Mr. T

Reaction score

Wow ! Great work TUNEZ, I like every band you have loaded up here on this thread so far. The quality of bands coming out of Sweden etc is frightening.My personal faves being HARDCORE SUPERSTAR ....[ see thread ] and Finlands greatest band since Hanoi Rocks.... The 69 EYES.
Keep these "new" bands coming.....:cheers2

Thanks bro... glad you liked them! And thanks for adding to the thread. :cheers2 I like Hardcore Superstar a lot myself!

So many good bands coming from there right now it's hard to get them all posted lol. I'm working up a couple of more though right now so keep droppin' by! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

:woho:

Billion Dollar Babies

I love this band. I got their EP about a year ago:

Billion+Dollar+Babies+StandYourGround.jpg

They put on an awesome live show :grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score

Next up is Fatal Smile.

2udupsh.jpg

Current Line-Up:

Blade - Vocals
Y - Guitar
Alx - Bass
Zteff - Drums

At a time when Swedish hard rock is undergoing a rebirth of epic proportions, many bands are staking their claim to a piece of the action. Stockholm's Fatal Smile have more to offer than most and are only too happy to prove that to anybody prepared to listen. The band was formed in 1995 by guitarist Y and a deal with a Swedish label was in place in 2002 the debut album Beyond Reality was issued.

51RAD2bBUBL._SS500_.jpg

After constant touring and several line-up changes the guys were back in 2006 with the follow-up Neo Natural Freaks. They released the first fruits of these labors in December '05 with the single and video for Learn - Love - Hate that went up straight to no 4 in the Swedish single charts and stayed on top 20 for 4 weeks.

51AqRBSSq8L._SS500_.jpg

In 2008 Y found his new band mates Alx on bass, Blade on vocals & Zteff on drums. They recorded their new album World Domination produced by Y and the mixing duties were handled by the legendary Michael Wagener, (Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Motley Crue). These guys are a force to be reckoned with. They have signed a new deal with Frontiers Records and I hope new material is in the pipeline soon!

l_802436f0c1034f3bab84540b5e0e7ade.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Really really diggin Mama Kin. :grinthumb May have to look into getting the In The City release. The vocalist is amazing.

Mr. T

Reaction score

The Poodles

11bubtg.jpg

Current Line-Up:

Jakob Samuel - Vocals
Henrik Bergqvist - Guitar
Pontus Egberg - Bass
Christian Lundqvist - Drums

If you are going to name your band The Poodles then you better bring something to the table and they do exactly that. Founded in 2005 in Stockholm, Sweden, the band's first album, Metal Will Stand Tall, dropped in 2006 and spawned the hit single "Night of Passion". They has been steamrolling ever since. Sweet Trade followed in 2007, Clash of the Elements in 2009 and now in 2011 they have just dropped Performocracy.

hsrvis.jpgxnupv5.jpg
vfzfrb.jpg2s0jskk.jpg

The group smartly utilizes modern wonders of production to give its riffs a nu-metallish amount of power, but remains faithful to classic hard rock without any of that angsty stomping around. They have had a steady stream of Top Ten singles in Sweden and throughout Europe from all four albums. Worth checking for sure if you are a fan of glam!

Mr. T

Reaction score

CRASHDÏET

zw1d1l.jpg

Dave Lepard - Vocals (Rest In Sleaze)
H. Olliver Twisted - Vocals (The Unattractive Revolution)

Current Line-Up:

Simon Cruz - Vocals (Generation Wild)
Martin Sweet - Guitar
Peter London – Bass
Eric Young – Drums

Without question, Sweden's reigning kings of Glam/Sleaze are CRASHDÏET. Inspired by bands like Skid Row, Guns´N Roses, KISS and W.A.S.P, CRASHDÏET brought back the big shows, the rough-edge sleaze anthems and the rawness of an unpredictable and dangerous band.

In 2005, the band released their debut album, Rest in Sleaze, followed by The Unattractive Revolution in 2007 and their latest, Generation Wild in 2010. Original singer Dave Lepard committed suicide in 2006 after a bout with depression and was replaced by H. Olliver Twisted for the second record. He in turn left the band and was replaced by Simon Cruz for the latest record. Despite it all, they have maintained an unbelievable consistency and vision. In a nutshell, these guys F'N RAWK!!

2r7rlma.jpg

2qvgr39.jpg

33jso5k.jpg

Mr. T

Reaction score

DYNAZTY

286syq.jpg

Nils Molin - Vocals
Rob Love - Guitars and backing vocals
Joey Fox - Bass and backing vocals
George Egg - Drums and backing vocals

After forming in 2008, This thunderous heavy metal group dominated the Swedish live scene with its flamboyant shows and powerful anthems for many months before hooking up with producer Chris Laney to record the debut album, Bring The Thunder, in July 2009. Sound wise Dynazty would be positioned somewhere in between Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx, melding the heaviness of Slave To The Grind era Skid Row with huge choruses from Whitesnake or Bon Jovi.

96lxt3.jpg

Their follow-up, Knock You Down was just released this April and entered the Swiss metal charts at Number 2. These Swedes are a band to keep an eye on!

2ajuv00.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online