Saxon (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Still not picked latest one up yet, great album, just got left behind...soon...

Get on with it mate.... and make sure you get the 2-disc version! I agree with @Vader, it's better than "Call to Arms", which was not bad, but just not as good as the previous 3 albums! The compilation "Unplugged and Strung Up" is also worth getting by the way!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Saxon to me are like Motorhead in the sense that they just keep putting out high level
material in this late stage. Arms was not a bad album IMO just to clarify. But like @Sharp Dressed Man I don't think it was as good as the top shelve stuff they were putting out just before it was released.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Might try and catch them again this year with Hell at rock city in Nottingham. Great band and getting better all the time.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the album Dogs of War. An album that I took my time getting, even if I did buy it digitally. Don't need artwork to enjoy music. This felt a bit stronger of a release than Metalhead to an extent.

Fabio

Reaction score
Great band, great first 4 albums, great memories and still capable of an excellent live show !

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score
great band ..I saw them a few times during denim and leather.and Strong Arm tour time..

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Great band, great first 4 albums, great memories and still capable of an excellent live show !

You can't beat the classics, but they are still releasing albums ranging from very good to great imo. They had a weak spell in the 90s with some less than stellar releases, but "Lionheart" was a return to form and they've been on a roll again since that one. Agree about them live, they still put on one hell of a show!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online