Saxon (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
It would be hard to pick a set list for me, I'd love to see them twice a week for a month and have them do complete albums live.:D

That would be something:heheh: I have seen them a number of times and I am rather sad to say I will miss them as Motorhead have had to cancel their tour but I will catch them again I am sure. Waiting for Metalhead to arrive anytime soon:woot:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That would be something:heheh: I have seen them a number of times and I am rather sad to say I will miss them as Motorhead have had to cancel their tour but I will catch them again I am sure. Waiting for Metalhead to arrive anytime soon:woot:

Why did Lemmy and the boys cancel Master Wharfedale?

Metalhead is a great album.:tup:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a ball Nolo, would love to have seen Witchfinder General on the set list:)

Indeed. They totally nailed it and I have to say the next gig I am going to see must match the quality Saxon delivered. Uriah Heep is next in March (one-off concert that will be filmed and released on DVD).

I had this one stuck in my head since yesterday. Can't find the studio version, but the one with Lemmy and others ain't bad too.

I've Got To Rock (To Stay Alive)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
New live album from Saxon....

Release dates:

Germany: March 14
UK: March 17
USA: April 22

"St. George's Day Sacrifice - Live In Manchester" track listing:

CD 1 (running time 61:05 minutes)

01. Sacrifice
02. Wheels Of Terror
03. Power And The Glory
04. Made In Belfast
05. Rock 'N' Roll Gypsy
06. And The Bands Played On
07. I've Got To Rock (To Stay Alive)
08. Night Of The Wolf
09. Conquistador
10. Broken Heroes
11. Guardians Of The Tomb

CD 2 (running time 59:08 minutes)

01. Never Surrender
02. Ride Like The Wind
03. Crusader
04. Stand Up And Fight
05. Dallas 1 PM
06. 747 (Strangers In The Night)
07. Wheels Of Steel
08. Strong Arm Of The Law
09. Denim And Leather
10. Princess Of The Night

saxonstgeorge2014.jpg

Source: www.blabbermouth.net

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^Great record. Need to listen to that again one day. Currently got cranking Strong Arm Of The Law.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm listening to Sacrifice for the first time and I have say I like it much better then the release before it which was a bit of a disappointment for me. This rocks though. Big improvement and back on track imo.

Fabio

Reaction score
Indeed. They totally nailed it and I have to say the next gig I am going to see must match the quality Saxon delivered. Uriah Heep is next in March (one-off concert that will be filmed and released on DVD).

I had this one stuck in my head since yesterday. Can't find the studio version, but the one with Lemmy and others ain't bad too.

I've Got To Rock (To Stay Alive)

I think this song is fantastic and this video version with great special guests is really really good.
The lyrics are so true that every time I listen to them I feel the chill along my spine ....
One of my fav rock anthems ever !:bow:

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
Saw an old friend today who I hadn't seen for many years. Took me to my first Saxon gig at Manchester I think in '82 :omg:.....this one always reminds me of him, love it

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online