Saxon (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yep, made worse by two of the bands above them being 'joke' bands - Steel Panther and Tenacious D - and others, like Biffy Clyro & Black Veil Brides, being nowhere near in the same league as Saxon. They should've been next to headliners Metallica on the billing if you ask me.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
This sounds great :grinthumb

I still can't get over Saxon being so low down the list at Download festival last year, 7th out of 8 bands was a joke. Sometimes I think Saxon don't get the respect they deserve.

More I hear about Download '14 the more I'm glad I decided not to go.

taha

Reaction score
Biff was on that metal show this week w/ nugent and says the group is about to start recording their next LP, they also have some sort of remake LP out or coming out. Keep an ear out....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
A new album sounds great, Saxon is one band that never ceases to amaze me. Didn't know they were doing a 'remake' of an old recording...I wonder which one.:hm:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I know Sweaty had tickets for Saxon and Motorhead, but Motorhead cancelled the gig and left Saxon with remaining three dates. Went yesterday to see them live (finally!) in Northampton.

The venue was called The Roadmender, very close to town centre. Me, my mum and sister stood there in cold for two hours, but was worth it. We got a chance to stand at the front row by the barriers (also to avoid the mosh pit). The first band was Stormzone, which surprised me quite a lot. They played a very classic heavy metal and definitely fit the support for Saxon. But when the mighty Saxon came in - that was it. A great power of heavy metal! They played a vast majority of old classics with few tracks off their few latest albums. Set-list:

Sacrifice
Power and the Glory
Heavy Metal Thunder
Battalions of Steel
I've Got to Rock (To Stay Alive)
Stallions of the Highway
Lionheart
Solid Ball of Rock
Dallas 1 PM
And the Bands Played On (audience vote)
Night of the Wolf
Sailing to America
Rock 'n' Roll Gypsy
747 (Strangers in the Night)
Strong Arm of the Law
Wheels of Steel

Encore:

Crusader
Denim and Leather
Princess of the Night

999962_794297723918569_832124022_n.jpg

almost caught two drum sticks, but one slipped off my fingers! Gah, but at least got one!

1618500_794296533918688_910184307_n.jpg

I want to see them again!

Also, I can confirm that Saxon will be recording a new album and tour in October, November and December.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm impressed your Mom and Sister both went with you Nolo.:tup:

Looks like a great set list (except I would love to see "Thin Red Line" on there).:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a ball Nolo, would love to have seen Witchfinder General on the set list:)

It would be hard to pick a set list for me, I'd love to see them twice a week for a month and have them do complete albums live.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online