Santana Duet

Neshabur

Reaction score
With the great Gato Barbieri in Latin Lady from album Tropico:

Neshabur

Reaction score
My last three messages are the most important sessions of the 70's by Carlos Santana sometimes featuring other members of his excellent band.

In Friendship, Armando Peraza and Tom Coster play together with them.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I bought Carlos Santana and Alice Coltrane's Illuminations when it was released, thinking it was a rock album (I did not know Alice Coltrane at the time). I got a bit of a surprise, but liked it nonetheless. This is Bill Laswell's remix of Angel of Sunlight from Illuminations:

This is Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin's A Love Supreme from Love Devotion Surrender, again remixed by Bill Laswell.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I found more footage, which shows Santana, Greg Rolie (who returned for the Freedom album in 1987), SRV, his brother and Cesar Rosas. I think the one I thought was Rosas is Jimmy Vaughan with the quiffed hair. Rosas has a goatee beard, and SRV is wearing a wide-brimmed hat and plays a twin-neck hollow body guitar. Part one is Santana's band with Rolie; part two reveals the guests at around fourteen minutes; and they continue in part three:

There is info here from Guitar World, including the 'Related' at the bottom of the page: https://www.guitarworld.com/artists...mmie-vaughan-los-lobos-cesar-rosas-1988-video

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online