Sammy Hagar’s ‘Rock & Roll Road Trip’ TV Series Announces Premiere Date

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Sammy-Hagar-Larry-Marano.jpg

Sammy Hagar will take rock fans inside the lives of some of his contemporaries on a new television show. Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar Presented by Mercury Insurance, which Hagar announced back in May, will premiere on the AXS channel on Sunday, Jan. 24, 2106 at 9PM Eastern.

The stop on the premiere episode is Los Angeles, where Hagar and Michael Anthony hang out with Tommy Lee of Motley Crue at the Whisky A Go Go. From there, it’s back to Lee’s house, where they cook and jam on Montrose‘s “Rock Candy” and Jeff Beck‘s “Going Down.”

Other episodes will find Hagar in San Francisco with a couple of members of the Grateful Dead; Phoenix with Alice Cooper; and Seattle with Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart and Alice in Chains‘ Jerry Cantrell. The first season, which will have six episodes, fills a hole which Hagar believes exists in rock-based programming.

“Something that’s always bugged me is that fans get to see us either onstage in concert or in interviews, and that’s about it,” he said in a press release. “There’s so much cool, history-making stuff that happens off stage that fans have never really had access to, but I do. And that’s where this show takes viewers! I’m hookin’ them up with a real backstage pass. So, in San Francisco, we’ll meet up with my old friends Bob Weir and Mickey Hart to jam at Mickey’s home studio, and in Phoenix we’re at Cooper’stown with Alice Cooper. And I’ll even turn the cameras on myself at the Birthday Bash in Cabo, and on tour with the Circle. It’s a blast.”

Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar gives AXS a block of music-themed programming on Sunday nights. Their concert series Live From Red Rocks begins at 8PM Eastern and a new music competition series, Breaking Band, airs at 9:30.

Read More: Sammy Hagar's 'Rock & Roll Road Trip' TV Series Announces Premiere Date | Sammy Hagar's 'Rock & Roll Road Trip' TV Series Announces Premiere Date

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I hope nobody minds the necro, but I've been catching some of these on YT recently.

This one from 2017 (S2E4) is a lot of fun. Rick Nielsen is always a crazy guy. Then a great rendition of Heavy Metal.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.