Rush (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official Rush Thread

Just a quick note on current events concerning Rush.

It might not be that important elsewhere, but Neil Peart, Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee were all inducted into the "Canadian Songwriters Hall Of Fame", a few days ago. The band was very appreciative of the honor bestowed and as Neil said, "Being recognized as writers is great, and we all share in the songwriting as a band."

Nice to see they are appreciated here for their contributions, and they are our most successful/longest lasting rock band.:rock:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Richly deserved IMO, let's hope it starts the ball rolling and they get recognition from the industry for being the world class band they are !!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Time to pull my weight in this thread...I am jumping over the live album and posting the next studio CD, 1989's Presto. After getting "Some Stick" from the critics and some fans for the electronic flavored previous albums, this one marked a return to their hard driving guitar based sound of their earlier years. I happen to like All the so called Synthesizer period albums they did, but I also like them when they record albums like this one.

Chain Lightning.

Rush_Presto-Front-wwwFreeCoversnet.jpg

Rush_Presto-Back-wwwFreeCoversnet.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Yeah it's another great album...I skipped the live one because I don't have it in the library, you can post it if you like.;)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Aother from "Presto"

Can Do LG :grinthumb Just gonna roll with this a while.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I'm definitely going to go though this thread and give a listen to a lot of the videos you gents have posted from the Rush albums that I have ignored though the years .

The way you guys post videos from all the bands discographies is awesome.
:cheers:

Zachphillips

Reaction score

Nearing the end of my high school career, I can’t really think about a lot of things that have really changed me. Except lately I’ve been realizing that the people I see everyday and the scenes of high school are all going to be gone within a couple months. It’s really kind of depressing to think that the people I’ve known for my whole life are probably going to all be in a million different places in the world in the near future. At our high school graduation is probably the last time that I will see any of them. I guess what I’m getting at is that it’s going to all change in not very long.
I’d like to think that I’m not afraid of this drastic change, but I most certainly am. I guess that the thought of failure scares me but maybe that happens to everyone. The other day I was driving down the road in my truck, listening to the radio, and the song “Fly by Night” by Rush came one. I’ve heard the song many times but I’ve never really thought about what the real meaning of it was. At the time, I was thinking and worrying about how different everything is going to be soon. Then at that moment in my life I wasn’t really afraid of it all anymore. For some reason it just got me pumped about the whole idea of going to college and mainly the whole idea of starting my adult life.
The line of that song that really got me thinking was “start a new chapter, and find what I’m after.” To me that is the best way to describe where I’m at in my life right now. The next four or so years are probably going to decide the outcome of my life. I would like to start a new chapter in my life by going to college somewhere. Then the line “leaving my homeland, playing a lone hand” made me think about how I am really going to be on my own after high school. The choices that I make right now are going to decide whether I succeed or not.
The main reason that this particular song means a lot to me is because out of all the things in the world that should’ve got me motivated towards being an adult, it was a song by Rush. It taught me that change is a good thing, you can’t hold on to the same things all of your life. Things change, people change, it’s always going to be like that. Everyone says that high schoold is supposed to be the greatest years of your life. I’m sure that during high school everyone may feel that way because there isn’t half the worries that you will have being an adult. I’d like to think that maybe the rest of my life could be even better than what it is now. So, I’ve decided that I just need to go with whatever makes me happy and what will make me succeed in life.
Even though Geddy Lee and Neil Peart of Rush will probably never read this, I’d like to thank them for changing my life with their inspirational lyrics to the song “Fly by Night” and many other great Rush songs. These great songwriters showed to me that change isn’t a bad thing and that maybe I just need to look forward to the rest of my life. Hopefully for the remander of my life I’ll always remember the moment that this song changed my life.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online