runningshoes' Photo Op

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Only classy, crazy, and hopefully epic, memorable and effective photographs from the annals of music history here. I'll identify subjects, places and times where I'm able.

Feel free to add photos to the thread but please reference the photos source if taking from a book and add as much description as you are able. If you can't, that's fine, but if you can, please do so.

I'll kick it off with my absolute all time favourite of favourites
. :bow:

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Please make sure your photographs arent to large. If you need it resized, I can do that for you, just send it to me in a PM.

Last edited:

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Elton John 1968

A frustrated Elton John left Bluesology in 1967 and embarked on a musical journey he probably never anticipated. He was slightly overweight, bespectacled and awkward making him an unlikely pop star, but with an extraordinary ability in musical composition, a great voice, and the help of talented lyricist Bernie Taupin, he quickly ascended the stratosphere of pop stardom.

Elton_1967.jpg

Source: Elton John, The Illustrated Biography. Trans Atalntic Press. Page 10.

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
^^^ Amazing, huh, shoes? I'm sure you are the person who posted a pic like this, with this band, in the "that was then, this is now" thread...

Gosh - I never realized he had such a wide mouth. That is a large smile! Kudos to him - on all fronts!

ps: love your avatar!!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Bruce%20Corvette.jpg

Bruce Springsteen, Haddonfield, NJ, 1978

Frank Stefanko shot this iconic photograph of Bruce Springsteen in 1978 in Haddonfield, New Jersey. In Frank’s book ”Days of Hopes and Dreams” the photographer comments “Bruce seemed to come to Haddonfield in a different vehicle each time. After his initial visit in that old Chevy pick-up truck, the next day, Sunday, he arrived in a slick ’60 Corvette. I think that car was his pride and joy. It was loaded, it was sleek, it ruled Route 9 and the New Jersey Turnpike. I imagined what it would be like to be Bruce, cruising in that Vette up the Pike under that giant Exxon sign in the wee, wee hours, thinking up song ideas while listening to his favorite tunes in that bad-ass Corvette.”

Source: www.morrisonhotelgallery.com

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
The Beatles 1962

After spending two years in Hamburg trying to make a name for themselves on the German club scene, John, Paul and George returned to England and soon found themselves with an enthusiastic manager in Brian Epstien. They fired drummer Pete Best, enlisted Ringo Starr to replace him and quickly conquered the world.

Beatles_1.jpg

I say 1962 because it makes the most sense to me, but I wonder if Astrid can confirm this and possibly tell us who’s back yard they are in. What say you, Astrid?

Source: John Lennon, The Illustrated Biography. Trans Atalntic Press. Page 14.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Paul Stanley unknown date

Nothing to say about this one other than it is a great photograph. Maybe Lynch and MP can chime in on this one.

stanley_1.jpg

Last edited:

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Alice Cooper and Colonel Sanders

Nothing particularly extraordinary about the quality of this one, but it is interesting to see the Coop hanging out with this fast food legend. I wonder what they talked about? Let the jokes fly.

I don't have a clue where or when this was snapped. I tried to find out, but to no avail. If anyone knows, please share.

AliceCoper_1.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online