runningshoes' Photo Op

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Re: The Beatles 1962

After spending two years in Hamburg trying to make a name for themselves on the German club scene, John, Paul and George returned to England and soon found themselves with an enthusiastic manager in Brian Epstien. They fired drummer Pete Best, enlisted Ringo Starr to replace him and quickly conquered the world.

Beatles_1.jpg

I say 1962 because it makes the most sense to me, but I wonder if Astrid can confirm this and possibly tell us who’s back yard they are in. What say you, Astrid?

Source: John Lennon, The Illustrated Biography. Trans Atalntic Press. Page 14.

:hm: I wanna say more early 63 ? I know they were recording together as The Beatles with Ringo in September of 1962..and they wouldn't have had this kinda photo op just yet

They were using Andy White in sessions in The Fall of 62 ? And Ringo thought George Martin thought he wasn't a 'good' drummer and even thought Ringo was a bit looney?:heheh: Ringo thought he was going to get ' A Pete Best' :wtf:

So, I'm just thinking it is pretty early but more established looking..my edu guess is winter of 63-early spring..

as for the location? Ermm thinking either John's home with Auntie Mimi because they had a garden like that,in pictures I've seen Menlove ,had walls like that

or possibly Brian Epsteins garden ..because they had an early photo op there in the spring ?

Cool thread :grinthumb

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Thanks Astrid. Once again we learn something new about the Beatles from you. I'm sure we'll need your help again in here as I have a few more surprises in store.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I've seen this photo before and, oddly enough, Paul has been cropped out of it.

Beatles_a.jpg

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Re: The Beatles 1962

They were using Andy White in sessions in The Fall of 62 ? And Ringo thought George Martin thought he wasn't a 'good' drummer and even thought Ringo was a bit looney?:heheh: Ringo thought he was going to get ' A Pete Best' :wtf:

I have to add that one version of "Love Me Do" on the "Rarities" LP has Andy White on the drums.

On topic... The boys lounging with "admirers" and hangers on.

1tynqqcog0rffro.jpg

1tyl17ix14v55vx.jpg

The groupie scene in the 70's. Jonesy on the first one flipping the bird? I read that these set of pics got Plant in trouble with his wife Maureen when he arrived home. LOL!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I've seen this photo before and, oddly enough, Paul has been cropped out of it.

Beatles_a.jpg

:think:me too. THAT is odd ? I've got no theory on this...except MAYBE it was when he was dating Jane Asher , but it looks TOO early for that ? And then what about pissing off Cynthia Lennon ? Because John's WAYY to cuddley with that chick ..and it looks staged and it looks very uncomfortable ? Nobody is smilin' cept the dames ? and the Burnette looks wasted ?:heheh: Well Ringo is smirking not happy smile imo

lol I dunno just odd groupie pic !

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
:think:me too. THAT is odd ? I've got no theory on this...except MAYBE it was when he was dating Jane Asher , but it looks TOO early for that ? And then what about pissing off Cynthia Lennon ? Because John's WAYY to cuddley with that chick ..and it looks staged and it looks very uncomfortable ? Nobody is smilin' cept the dames ? and the Burnette looks wasted ?:heheh: Well Ringo is smirking not happy smile imo

lol I dunno just odd groupie pic !

I did a little digging and found out the girls were members of the Vernon Girls, an English musical ensemble of female vocalists who did standards albums in the 1950's and 60's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vernons_Girls

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I did a little digging and found out the girls were members of the Vernon Girls, an English musical ensemble of female vocalists who did standards albums in the 1950's and 60's.

The Vernons Girls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh yes, The Vernon Girls :grinthumb I've heard of them..read about them in music mags and books..Now YOU'VE taught ME R.S :grinthumb

I researched the timeframe, Jane Asher WAS dating Paul as early as 63' I thought it wasn't until like 65..

so quite possible he was cropped out because of this ? Jane was VERY jealous. And a 'Proper' brought up English girl..just a theory ..but I guess John musta caught some crap from Cynthia ..and Ringo WAS with Maureen too ? lol

Naughty pics ..no wonder they all look 'thrilled' :heheh:

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix

I don't where or when this was taken but it is a very nice photo. Maybe Phil can help us out with that.

jimi_hendrix1.jpg

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnfkdg

Members online