Roxy Music (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Seems like "For Your Pleasure" has a lot of fans...that's one Roxy album I don't remember ever hearing.:think:

Might have to add it to my list.

Top shelf job on your Roxy homage so far Tony.:hab:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Thanks LG.

Like with any other band I'll suggest you begin with their first and go on from there. I'm not sure but I'll think overall the For Your Pleasure album is considered the best by the fans.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Roxy Music fourth release in 1974 - Country Life

roxycontrylife2.jpg

Roxy Music begin the 'Country Life' tour in Cardiff on 21st September 1974.
30th September 1974 Roxy Music release the single ‘All I Want Is You’ c/w the Paul Thompson composition ‘Your Application's Failed’

Roxy Music release their 4th album Country Life on 22nd November 1974. Shot by Eric Boman, the cover features two scantily-clad models, Constanze Karoli (reportedly either the sister or the female first cousin of Can's Michael Karoli) and Eveline Grunwald.

Out Of The Blue and Triptych

:grinthumb

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Roxy's fifth album was released in 1975.

Siren: on the cover is Jerry Hall. Bryan's then girlfriend.

The album features the hugely succesful single Love is The Drug.
It reached nr.2 on the UK singles charts. Both Ends Burning was another succesful single from that album.

Roxysiren.jpg

Some tracks:

Whirlwind:

And a crooning melancholy track:

End of The Line:

:grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
When Roxy Music first appeared, I did not like them because of Bryan Ferry's quivering voice, but I had a friend who bought all the albums and Ferry's solo albums. He converted me by lending me the albums around the time of Siren, especially with For Your Pleasure which is fantastic. Stranded, Country Life and Viva Roxy are all stylish avant-garde rock albums. From Manifesto, after the split, they changed their style to a more slick polished approach, and the early albums now seem to be forgotten. The antics of Bryan Ferry's son also did him no favours.

When Roxy Music reformed with Chris Spedding as a paid up member instead of session musician, I held out hope they would record new music, but no such luck. They even attempted recording again with Brian Eno, but it did not work.

This is my favourite Roxy Music track, In Every Dream home a Heartache from For Your Pleasure. The YT clip is from the Old Grey Whistle test. The song is about an inflatable doll and includes the unforgettable line, "I blew up your body . . . But you blew my mind."

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.