Rory Gallagher (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Against The Grain Tour.. was as hot & sweaty as this. All you needed to go see Rory was a tartan shirt and a pair of Dunlop Greenflash.
This is 1979..Ted McKenna on the stool and Gerry still thumping that bass.
Shadow play.

E-Z

Reaction score
Against The Grain Tour.. was as hot & sweaty as this. All you needed to go see Rory was a tartan shirt and a pair of Dunlop Greenflash.
This is 1979..Ted McKenna on the stool and Gerry still thumping that bass.
Good old Rory we lost him far to young at 47 in 1995 although Rory at 70 and still hammering out high energy versions of Bullfrog Blues or Messing With The Kid is a bit hard to imagine somehow?.

I only found out maybe 6 months ago that Ted McKenna had died.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah.. sad that, one gig I'm trying to recall.. Ted McKenna on drums and Andy McKay was on sax.. it was a London gig yonks ago.
Ted McKenna ex-SAHB was more of a straight ahead 'rock drummer' than what both Wilgar Campbell & Rod De'Ath had both previously been with Ted being with Rory Gallagher between 1978-1981. The two studio albums Ted played drums on Photo Finish (1978) & Top Priority (1979) plus the live album Stage struck (1980) were more heavier and more rock orientated than Rory's previous blues/rock albums had been from the 1970s.

E-Z

Reaction score
Been listening to Rory again lately after a thirty year's absence which I can't believe it's been that long?
Been listening to TASTE and played the first TASTE album released in 1969 roughly 50+ times over the last 10 days and also the second Taste album ON THE BOARDS released in 1970 around 25+ times along with TASTE LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT 1970 released in 1971.

As I write this post, I am listening to Rory's live album STAGESTRUCK from 1980 and also released in 1980. This Irishman sounded better and could play his axe better than anybody else in rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online