Ronnie James Dio (Official Tribute Thread)

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
Re: Official Ronnie James Dio tribute thread

I know...Sheep....im sory. :oyea:

Here is the story. I can be slightly retarded at times. I have had the Live at the spectrum Philadelphia on VHS since 86'. In that part i always thought he said " then a little white SHEEP looked down at me " and then " a big black SHEEP looking up at me yeah " it seemed to fit because i was thinking...Ok, sheep are related to the Bible and also to Satan right ? So it made sense to me....for YEARS ! :wtf::wtf:

Once i read what he was really saying it was like "oh. ok " but it still made sense in my head the way i thought the lyrics were. Now i realize a GOAT is the animal that is usually tied to the satanic side.

I know for a fact i have had many conversations about that song over the years...im sure people walked away goin " did he say sheep ? " :wtf:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

This is kinda cool.... just the guys from Metallica jammin' in the studio or some rehearsal space to a few Dio / Sabbath / Rainbow tunes. Nothing serious, just futzing around, but I thought it was cool. This is from right after Ronnie passed. Nice ending with Kurt playing the intro to Children of the Sea while on stage.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

VINCE NEIL: RONNIE JAMES DIO Has Been An Influence On My Life For Many, Many Years (Video) - Apr. 21, 2011
MÖTLEY CRÜE was the recipient of this year's first-ever "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award" — renamed in honor of the late, great 2010 "Best Vocalist Award" winner — at the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held last night (Wednesday, April 20) at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California.

When asked by the Artisan News Service about receiving the award named in Dio's honor, CRÜE singer Vince Neil said, "[Ronnie's] been an influence on my life for many, many years. He had the biggest voice ever. He was one of my favorite singers ever. So he's been part of my life for a long time. That's why with his name attached to this [award], [it is really close] to my heart. HEAVEN & HELL was on our tour last summer. I was out there every single day watching Ronnie play and just going, 'Man, I wish I could sing like that."

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

I can't believe that in a little less than a month, it will be one year since Dio has left us... :uh::uh::uh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

VINCE NEIL: RONNIE JAMES DIO Has Been An Influence On My Life For Many, Many Years (Video) - Apr. 21, 2011
MÖTLEY CRÜE was the recipient of this year's first-ever "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award" — renamed in honor of the late, great 2010 "Best Vocalist Award" winner — at the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held last night (Wednesday, April 20) at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California.

When asked by the Artisan News Service about receiving the award named in Dio's honor, CRÜE singer Vince Neil said, "[Ronnie's] been an influence on my life for many, many years. He had the biggest voice ever. He was one of my favorite singers ever. So he's been part of my life for a long time. That's why with his name attached to this [award], [it is really close] to my heart. HEAVEN & HELL was on our tour last summer. I was out there every single day watching Ronnie play and just going, 'Man, I wish I could sing like that."

That might be the nicest thing Vince Neil has said in years.

My favorite Dio song of all-time was on the 2002 record, Killing the Dragon. That song was titled Scream.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Scream is a great tune!

I also REALLY love Throw Away Children from that album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online