Rolling Stones "Some Girls" deluxe edition coming

rtbuck

Reaction score
I think around that same time LG Queens album "Play The Game' followed suite and changed up to more of what we would know better as.. ahem.. Disco pop.. or what ever you want to call it..
It was the time I was buying Judas Priest British Steel and Hell Bent for Leather..
Things were changing music wise in that period..

Things were definitely changing during that time especially for bands like the Stones(Miss You),Kiss (I Was Made for Loving you),Kinks(Superman had a disco beat & rhythm), The Who (Who Are You album was a bit of a change),Queen(as you said), Alice was going new wave at that point ,& hell even the Grateful Dead with "Shaking Street" had a definite disco beat!!!

I liked most of it but I too was discovering bands such as Priest, Scorpions, AC/DC, UFO...etc during that time. Still 'Some Girls' was keeping up with the times yet had enough Rock & Roll bite with "When the Whip Comes Down", "Respectable", "Lies", & "Before They Make Me Run". Even there follow up 'Emotional Rescue' rocked out with songs like "Let Me Go", "Summer Romance" & "Where the Boys Go".

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online