Rolling Stone Magazine's 100 Greatest Artists List

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
its not that its a bad list its that its a list.
when talking top influential artists of all time how do you decide who is more important?

Last edited:

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
velvet underground is a little high for me at #20
Elivis at #3 to high. Sorry His most famous song in "Hound Dog" is a cover. You cant put an artist that high when his biggest hit is not his own.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I am a huge fan hip hop. Public Enemy at #43 is way too high. Shouldn't even be on the list.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
This may not be a popular thing to say but you can't put Tina Turner on this list and not inlcude Ike. Ike is one of the godfathers of rock n roll. Tina was and still is a great performer but, she is still overhyped.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
On what grounds?

Musically speaking of course...you see, RH and bands like Porcupine Tree go by as the "innovators of alt and indie rock" while other worthwhile bands like Midnight Movies, The Ropes, The Randies and thousands of other REAL indie bands have done more for the good of REAL music, and they're not even mentioned anywhere!!!:):). RH and POrcupine Tree did nothing to improve the quality of music in these last years:pullhair::pullhair:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
This may not be a popular thing to say but you can't put Tina Turner on this list and not inlcude Ike. Ike is one of the godfathers of rock n roll. Tina was and still is a great performer but, she is still overhyped.

I TOTALLY SEE IT EYE TO EYE WITH YOU HERE:):):****::bow::)

Fisha

Reaction score
Musically speaking of course...you see, RH and bands like Porcupine Tree go by as the "innovators of alt and indie rock" while other worthwhile bands like Midnight Movies, The Ropes, The Randies and thousands of other REAL indie bands have done more for the good of REAL music, and they're not even mentioned anywhere!!!:):). RH and POrcupine Tree did nothing to improve the quality of music in these last years:pullhair::pullhair:

I don't know whether you can say they improved the quality of music but the quality of their music is second to none. I mean, there is nothing about their music which could be considered over rated, at least in my opinion. It's some of the most original, clever and complex music of all time

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
I mean, there is nothing about their music which could be considered over rated, at least in my opinion. It's some of the most original, clever and complex music of all time

Let's define overrated...I intend that word as being "judgements made by 'experts' who want to push some artists on rather than others....." for some reason or another:)....and I've seen too many "critics" push RH and <>PT far too much while the quality of their art = music is very low....INNOVATION does not have to be necessarily "complex" or "clever"...and we would have to define these words too e.g. "complex", "original" and "clever" before we go any further into this discussion....NO??!:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.