Rest In Peace Ben E. King (1938-2015)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
stars_B_E_King_logo.jpg
ben-e-king-1970-billboard-650.jpg

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. Edit: Phil proved me wrong by beating me to the punch a couple seconds early.:heheh: I know he has a great love for the Soul greats so it's no surprise. :tongue: Some great Soul talents during the same era seem to fall at the wayside in the Rock community. R.I.P. to another great talent that provided some great iconic pieces with his great vocal talent.

Ben E. King Dies at 76 New York Times

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. Edit: Phil proved me wrong by beating me to the punch a couple seconds early.:heheh: I know he has a great love for the Soul greats so it's no surprise. :tongue: Some great Soul talents during the same era seem to fall at the wayside in the Rock community. R.I.P. to another great talent that provided some great iconic pieces with his great vocal talent.

I will miss him. Grew up listening to him in our household. I think it's cool he was alive to see his music placed in the Library of Congress.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Very sad news. I always felt he got a raw deal with The Drifters. Anyway he had some great songs - Spanish Harlem, I (who have nothing) and of course, Stand By Me. R.I.P.

JimJam

Reaction score
Yes, the Drifters! With Ben they leading the way they did Save the Last Dance for Me, This Magic Moment, Hey Senorita, Dance with Me and, my favorite, There Goes My Baby.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I loved this guy. Aside from the songs mentioned in other posts, two of my favorites are "I, Who Have Nothing" and "Supernatural Thing". RIP Ben, and thank you for all the wonderful music.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online