Ressurect a Band/Artist For a Day

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Hypothetical: its one day until the zombie Apocalypse, and god or allah or satan or whatever you pray to gives you a chance to ressurect an artist or band to preform live for one day only (after all, your going to be too occupied with shooting and running to listen to good music from now on :D) Anyway, who would you choose and why? This doesnt have to be a favorite band/artist, or even one notorious for their live performance. Just pic one from the heart <3

I started thining of this when I saw the Tupac hologram at Coachella :)
VFXEuRZzan0kGcbDLL2Pu3NSikLPI3kd9dgbZ-wlM6D_Es6ECA.jpg

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Led+Zeppelin+L2.jpg

One evening...10 rows back. Earls Court, London 5/24/75.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Depends if they would be revived in their peak, or aged accordingly.

If they were aged, then I would be really interested in seeing an older Kurt Cobain. What he sounds like, what sort of new material he'd have come up with, and all that.

If they were in their peak, I'd have to go with either Jimi Hendrix or Townes Van Zandt.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Depends if they would be revived in their peak, or aged accordingly. If they were in their peak, I'd have to go with either Jimi Hendrix or Townes Van Zandt.

Its whatever, High point of a band or just your favorite time period. It IS the last day for live music after all, you should decide :)
I guess I should chime in my own thread... Id like to see the early Foo Fighters.
95-98 would be just super for me :D
Live at Reading (1992 Nirvana concert) would be my second choice, even though Kurts vocals were trash the first half. :|

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There are lots:

The Beatles
Jimi Hendrix
Phil Lynott, Gary Moore and Thin Lizzy
Ronnie Montrose and Gamma
ELP
Yes, with Anderson, Wakeman and Bruford
UK to record a new album
Man with Deke Leonard and Micky Jones

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
The Beatles-a concert supporting The White Album. Hey, I can dream, right?
Hendrix, if he hadn't died, maybe a show around say 1973 or '74.
Rush on the Caress Of Steel tour 1975 (The "Down The Tubes" Tour). The one no one saw and they almost called it quits.
AC/DC with Bon.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Even though I saw The Band on their '76 tour, I would've loved being at The Last Waltz. I'd also love to see The Beatles do "The Beatles (The White Album)" or "Abbey Road" in their entirety.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
The Last Waltz would have been incredible.

You've got a cavalcade of rock royalty on one stage...The Band, Bob Dylan (in his last really great live performance), Joni Mitchell, Eric Clapton, Ronnie Wood, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, and Ringo Starr, among others.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Would swear we already have a thread or three on this exact subject. :confused:

For me, if I could only bring back ONE person, it would be Stevie Ray Vaughan. Taken from us too early. He didn't go down in a demise of personal demons (ie: drinking, drugs, reckless lifestyle, etc), but rather was taken from us AFTER he had actually battled many of those demons and was on track on the high road. Tragic accidents (for me) are harder to deal with than loss of life due to poor lifestyle choices.

Others that I'd love to see again would be Waylon Jennings, Ronnie James Dio, Freddie Mercury, Eric Carr, Jimi Hendrix, lost members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, (and the list can go on and on). But Stevie Ray will be #1 for me for quite a while.

tumblr_m28er65vW91rtun3yo1_500.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online