{Resolved} Private Message Suggestion

Should CRF keep the "Who's Online" feature?

• YES, I like to use this feature and it doesn't infringe on my privacy.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • NO, I don't like this feature and it infringes on my privacy.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
I have a suggestion, or perhaps a question.

When looking at a profile, or at "who's online", we can see that a member is using the private messaging system, and we can also see who he/she is writing to or reading from.

It feels like I'm infringing on a member's private to know who he/she is private messaging, LOL.

Is there a particular reason this shows the to/from and that we want it to continue to be displayed? If not, can we hide that info and just show "private messaging"? Or...have the option, in our user profile, to show/not show our PM to/from?

IDK, perhaps I am being too sensitive, but I always feel as if I'm snooping! :uh:

thanks in advance!

LL

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Re: Private Message Suggestion

That's a great idea Laurel! I've always wondered the same, and I prefer that other people not know who I'm messaging and who is messaging me.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

It doesn't matter to me if someone can see that I am private messaging or to whom. It's not like they can see what you're messaging. ;)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

^^^ I disagree. It causes many problems, and I care not to see who is messaging whom. That is why it's a private message. Just my opinion though.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

What problems could it possibly cause?

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Ya.. LL.. what you hiding from??:tongue: Who cares who you PM other than a jealous BF...:flirt

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Well, I've had people question why I'm messaging this person or that person and make assumptions about what's going on. I think it's no other member's business who talks to whom in private personally. It's all up to Magic and LG though in the long run. :)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

There are two possible ways.
1. Instead of using "Reply" function or "Send private message" via user profile try "Send New Message." You can find it in User CP on the left side. Downside - who can be bothered to write a user name? :D
2. Tick box "Use Invisible Mode," which can be found in "Edit Option" section (again User CP). Users won't be able to see if you're online or not.

But maybe Magic or LG will show up and say something more about it.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Well, I've had people question why I'm messaging this person or that person and make assumptions about what's going on. I think it's no other member's business who talks to whom in private personally. It's all up to Magic and LG though in the long run. :)

Jimmy'sboo.. Pm me on that matter..:flirt

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I think it causes more harm than good really. I shouldn't have to answer as to who I'm talking to and what about, and have other members be annoyed with me for conversating with someone. I will not go into further detail on that matter though. It has caused many problems. I talk to a lot of people on here and get tired of the 20 questions and jealousy.

I think this is one of the best suggestions I've seen here since joining. But, like I said, all up to the admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online