Rate the song on the different music genre

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I get confused when I want to post a band like Huey Lewis and the News or a similar band that could be classified as Pop Rock or New Wave. Which thread do I put this in?

It seems like they belong in the rock thread since like you said, the OP stated everything related to rock goes in there. However, it seems like such a jarring transition from the hard rock songs that usually get posted. :)
You know, I think, we can post the different songs by Huey Lewis & The News in usual "Rate the song above..." thread - is a pure pop-rock, sometimes is more "rock", and sometimes it doesn't (depending on the nature of the song). But all in all - they are very talented, and pretty underrated, IMO. Huey and The News music - it's more, than just "Power of Love". They have many great songs (personally, I always loved their positive, optimistic attitude). :grinthumb

I didn't immediately understand Culture Club's music, but now I understand what makes their style so attractive. It fits the ear well. Really relaxing sounding. 8/10.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Very unusual song (as Bjork herself). Its melodism is magnetic and weird. One minus - I don't like this style of percussion. 7/10.

I'll try something strange either.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
oh well... this is an interesting experiment... I have to say that the song is so great that, even this way, it stays great. 9/10

Aero

Reaction score
Sounds reminiscent of old R&B/soul music with a driving bass line and spoken word elements added to the mix. 7.5/10

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
sorry, but I didn't particularly like this song. It didn't catch me... and I feel like it's too long and with too many words. 4,5/10

Aero

Reaction score
My absolute favorite piano piece. So many adjectives seem to fit as a descriptor: sad, hopeful, beautiful, etc. The strings take the song into the stratosphere. 10/10

Last edited:

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
very good song. Lyrics and music perfectly match, to create a melancholic atmosphere and his vocals are really on point 8,5/10

Romulus

Reaction score
Curious song had me strangely feel 'motivated'; very nice.... 8/10

Next one includes Shane Mc Gowan (gifted song writer) who died very recently RIP

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Legend! So pure and non-choreographed, just damn fun. The blood alcohol level on that stage is something we could never ponder... Loved it. 9/10

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online