Rate the song on the different music genre

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Not trying to dis this thread but I notice that many of the things that get posted are not from a different 'music genre' and are pop and rock forms imho......so should we just post whatever then..?

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Not trying to dis this thread but I notice that many of the things that get posted are not from a different 'music genre' and are pop and rock forms imho......so should we just post whatever then..?
You know, I disagree, 'cause the name of this thread shows that it contains some music that has nothing to do with rock'n'roll (let's say, a lot of what we call "new wave" or "indie" oftenly doesn't sound like rock music at all).

I think, that this style separation is useful, because (for example) our mate @Aero doesn't like to metal music (thrash, death, power, etc.), so he wouldn't post in "metal" thread. And he doesn't have to repeat time after time, that he's not a metalhead, when he is forced to low rate the metal song above his post. And vice versa, he still can rate and propose the songs in less extreme styles of rock or non-rock songs.
It sounds soft and melodious, very 80'ish, I like it. 7.5/10.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
You know, I disagree, 'cause the name of this thread shows that it contains some music that has nothing to do with rock'n'roll (let's say, a lot of what we call "new wave" or "indie" oftenly doesn't sound like rock music at all).

I think, that this style separation is useful, because (for example) our mate @Aero doesn't like to metal music (thrash, death, power, etc.), so he wouldn't post in "metal" thread. And he doesn't have to repeat time after time, that he's not a metalhead, when he is forced to low rate the metal song above his post. And vice versa, he still can rate and propose the songs in less extreme styles of rock or non-rock songs.

It sounds soft and melodious, very 80'ish, I like it. 7.5/10.

Ok....people see/hear things differently but imho many of these would be considered pop and rock by music critics and the general public. Metal is an extreme example of rock/pop imho...but it is still rock.
So again what is the 'different genre' here then.....anything other than hard rock metal? Is country and new wave rock ok because its not hard classic rock? Folk rock ok ? Indie rock ok? Jazz rock ok?
BTW,,the OP original post..." Here you can rate songs of different music genres,either it is rap,hip-hop,traditional,jazz,blues,punk,latin,country, anything despite rock!

And Cope is certainly 'pop rock'(also neo pysch rock) and Terri is certainly 'country rock' and btw that tune was written by Warren Zevon a rock/pop singer.
So how close does it have to be to rock before this thread is the wrong one.......for the songs intended by the OP years ago?
:hm:

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I agree Hydra, I enjoy the variety of songs and attempt to "Differ" a style from the previous post, I've always felt this and Rate The Song are a mixed bag

The Terri Clark song is very catchy, and the video is fun. I listen on local radio to songs like this a lot.
Good travel tune - 8/10
This from Tonton Macoute.

Romulus

Reaction score
Nice retro jazz, for some reason it reminded me of the car chase in Steve McQueen's film 'Bullit' 7.5/10

Aero

Reaction score
So true :tup:

Ok....people see/hear things differently but imho many of these would be considered pop and rock by music critics and the general public. Metal is an extreme example of rock/pop imho...but it is still rock.
So again what is the 'different genre' here then.....anything other than hard rock metal? Is country and new wave rock ok because its not hard classic rock? Folk rock ok ? Indie rock ok? Jazz rock ok?
BTW,,the OP original post..." Here you can rate songs of different music genres,either it is rap,hip-hop,traditional,jazz,blues,punk,latin,country, anything despite rock!

And Cope is certainly 'pop rock'(also neo pysch rock) and Terri is certainly 'country rock' and btw that tune was written by Warren Zevon a rock/pop singer.
So how close does it have to be to rock before this thread is the wrong one.......for the songs intended by the OP years ago?
I get confused when I want to post a band like Huey Lewis and the News or a similar band that could be classified as Pop Rock or New Wave. Which thread do I put this in?

It seems like they belong in the rock thread since like you said, the OP stated everything related to rock goes in there. However, it seems like such a jarring transition from the hard rock songs that usually get posted. :)

Aero

Reaction score
Nice and light. Plus, Miley is really a good singer. 7/10

Very beautiful voice. Sounds like Irish folk music. Also sounds like it belongs in some epic adventure film set in a time long ago in the days of yore. 7.5/10

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.