Rate The Song Above You Part III

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Digressing for a moment to discuss Zevon..the song was on his second lp...Stevie Nicks does backing vocals and Lindsey Buckingham guitar...Linda Rondstadt also covered the song.
Of course Zevon was famous for Werewolves of London song.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Back to Slade -UNiverse...never heard it but late in their careerr apparently. If I didn't know better I'd say they were doing a send up of ELO.:p I could see Jeff Lynne and the guys doing that.
A band that never came across my radar .....not sure why,,,, Slade obvioiusly have talent. I don't own a single record by them....might have to get something. 8/10 for being clever and creative.

One good turn deserves another. so.....
(with the great Roy Wood from the first ELO lp)

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Def Leppard has 10/10 from me almost always. And this song isn't an exception - powerful rocker from a hurricane album.
:oy:
A band that never came across my radar .....not sure why,,,, Slade obvioiusly have talent. I don't own a single record by them....might have to get something.
You know, usually, everybody will recommend Slade's classic singles from the first half of 70's. But I think, that's unfair. These guys have tons of great songs also in the 80's. Really cool band (and criminally underrated in USA, IMO).

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I like his early work in the 70s.....lost interest in him after that when he turned to the later Vegas act..., but this is a solid rock tune ......always great vocals of course...7.5/10

An obscure heavy prog band that some prog heads like..Uriah Heep meets Deep Purple..?

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I'd say that they are Uriah Heep's epigons, because their music isn't enough of Purple's aggression and keyboards are prevails above the guitar. Nonetheless it was very melodious and versatile (again - in Ken Hensley's style). Very good. :good 9/10.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online