Radiohead (Official Thread)

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Great post and a magical song MP and CH.

Check out the band doing 'Fake Plastic Trees' live at Glastonbury about 10 years ago, it was the first time I ever saw them live, I actually came back to England from DC for that week just to attend the festival, and - as ever - it's on YouTube...

In fact come to think of it, that whole Glastonbury show is on YouTube...

Any Radiohead fan IMO really REALLY should take 90 minutes out of their life, sit back, and just get blown away by that whole Glastonbury set on YouTube, it's an object lesson in what a rock band should be all about on stage. I heard an interview with Thom I think last year, where he said that the band still think Glastonbury 2003 was maybe the best concert of their careers...it's certainly ingrained in my brain forever... we actually got sidetracked and only got into the main Pyramid Stage arena area just as they started playing 'National Anthem' about 4 songs in, and it was just beyond phenomenal as I'd never seen/heard them live before, and probably just stood there with my mouth open! Whenever I watch that I remain convinced that Radiohead have probably been for me the best band in the world for the past 15 years, despite the fact their last weirder than hell CD is basically good only for use as a coaster or as a beer mat!! :uh:

Thanks for the great thread bump anyway!

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ :tup: I envy you for catching that gig TS! Radiohead's 1997 set there was voted the best gig ever by Q Magazone a few years ago, and if I remember correctly Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis once said of all the bands he's seen there over the years the one that blew him away the most was Radiohead.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Hey Tray, I think Glastonbury 1997 was probably the gig where they came of age as a major player on the music scene, and I think Michael Eavis recognised that fact, though I have seen footage of it, and 2003 was definitely better, but then I would say that wouldn't I! There's quite a lot of full Radiohead shows on YouTube, though most of them are of the 'hold my cell phone cam above my head for 2 hours whilst standing 200 yards from the stage' variety, and not worth watching at all, but one other worth watching from a TV broadcast was this gig in Japan in 2008 on the In Rainbows tour, I saw them at Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge, Virginia on that tour, which was nowhere near as memorable as Glastonbury, plus we got soaked as there was a monsoon blowing. This concert in Japan is worth checking out though if you're a big fan of the In Rainbows album, as they play most of it...plus there's the most gorgeously smoochy and ethereal version of Everything in it's Right Place that I think I have ever heard them play starting at just before the 1 hour 8 minutes mark on the video...

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't be doing with the crappy mobile phone footages of shows! I'll check the Japanese show out later :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I just saw on TV today that Radiohead is coming to Cleveland on my 21 Birthday in a few months. THAT would be a good way to spend my 21st birthday instead of getting drunk. :D

Besides, if one of LG's theories is correct this might be my only chance to see them live before they break up.

Syd

Reaction score
I just saw on TV today that Radiohead is coming to Cleveland on my 21 Birthday in a few months. THAT would be a good way to spend my 21st birthday instead of getting drunk. :D

Besides, if one of LG's theories is correct this might be my only chance to see them live before they break up.

You can totally do both. :cheers2

And they have an awesome live show, you should totally go check them out. Great birthday that would be

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I want to see them. If I don't it's because the tickets sold out before I got to them. I'm going to make a point to go after them the second they go on sale however. I know how crazy Radiohead fans can be. ;)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
^ no it wasn't they played two nites at roseland NYC it was the first time since the 90's I missed there NYC show (well at least one if they did a series). I've got tickets to see them at coachella music festival next month and then in may in NJ.

Hard to say what is the best Radiohead show for me? Too many great ones. Ok computer tour was first time I saw them small venue and amazing setlist. The two shows in aug 01 in liberty state park were both amazing and since a month later the twin towers went down those show were memories as that show was the last show I took a picture of the twin towers. The 2003 tour was also crazy. Radiohead is my favorite live band in the past 15 years.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Having never seen them live I'll take your word for them putting on a great show AK...however they will have to go a long way to get me interested in anything they release from now on...King of Limbs was a disaster the most boring album from a band I like in recent memory, and I don't care if they are good live that's no excuse for lobbing rubbish out there when expectations were so high.

Besides,,,they haven't toured here in a long time if ever.;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.