Question about Metal

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Usually I just find something else to listen to, I out grew "metal" when I turned 14.
If it's your bag, then enjoy it. Banging my head against door frames , to me , is a pointless pursuit. As much as I have tried, I have not found much to like in "new" music sense 1985. Monotone, melody lacking, cookie cutter music has taken music where it is choking for a fresh breath of real talent . American Idol and such make me gag in a bag. I've seen nothing in the last 25 years that will last 100 or 200 years like the Beatles, or Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin. Elvis, Sinatra, Crosby, Gershwin, Mozart, Beethoven will also be remembered. No one is going to remember Madonna or Lady GaGa. Honorable mention may include the Foo Fighters & Pearl Jam.

Sorry guys, I'm just very disappointed with this generation. Even my parents liked some of the Beatles and Beach Boys songs.

Not all metal fans do that. That is just a stereotype of what the typical metalhead would do.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
The real "pointless pursuit" is writing a thread to speak down to music fans concerning their musical taste. Its not like metal fans give a shit about what the nay sayers babble on about.
Metal is an extermely diverve, complexed, powerful and emotional art form.....if you don't get it, don't like it, don't listen to it. But trying o disguise genre bashing with " trying to understand" is not only false it is competely non relevant to fans world view.

Up the Irons ...throw the horns & headbang on my brothers and sisters :grinthumb

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed on headbanging but I refuse to do the horns. lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members