Queensryche (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Queensryche

Seeing my friends have filled in the gaps for me I am picking up the trail with "Empire", another concept album which was released in 1990 two years after "Mindcrime". Talk about two epic albums being released back to back these two sure fit the bill. It takes a very talented band to produce a spectacular album after the impact that Mindcrime made, but Queensryche pulled it off and then some. The production quality on Empire is even better than it's predecessor, I played it last night and was blown away again. If you only get two of their albums then Mindcrime and Empire would be the ones I recommend, you simply can't miss with either of them.

The Thin Line.

taha

Reaction score

I have that on double LP,,,,oh my what a play !

taha

Reaction score

has anyone heard American Solder, is it worth getting ?
gotta admit MindCrime 2 was soso...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It's a good CD Taha, I have it in the collection. Very serious subject matter, Geoff did extensive research and talked with many veterans before he wrote the songs, some are better than others, but all in all it's worth getting.

Mindcrime II missed DiGarmo's presence, it was still decent but not at the level of the first one or Empire.

I will get to both albums in due course.

taha

Reaction score

Mindcrime II missed DiGarmo's presence, it was still decent but not at the level of the first one or Empire.

I will get to both albums in due course.

If I remember right, DeGarmo helped out on this lp, Geoff was speaking on That Metal Show and said they worked on this together. Tho he doesn't play, hopefully his presents came thru on the lp. Funny part of that show was when they asked about DeGarmo. Geoff said he doesn't go thru one interview w/out having to tell how he is doing or what's coming next from DeGarmo.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I wasn't aware of that, but there is just something missing...even if he collaborated with Geoff his absence on the album is noticeable, they were such a good combination over the years you can't just replace someone like that without it showing.

rtbuck

Reaction score

That first EP is my favorite & 1983 is when I saw them open for Twisted Sister & I was pretty amazed with them.For my tastes nothing compares to that first EP,even though I do like some of there other stuff(but they are somewhat dust collectors for me). I saw them again in 1985 opening for Kiss & I was pretty bored with them. I seen them this past summer & enjoyed them.Unfortunately because of my back I only lasted through 6 songs but the show was really cool. I really like 'American Soldier' & it's my second favorite Queensryche release

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Bucky you never cease to amaze me, is there anyone you Haven't seen in concert over your illustrious music career?:bow:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I'm sure there's a few:heheh:I'm kind of embarassed to say but one of the bands I've never seen is one of my favorites...the Rolling Stones!!!! Everytime they'd come up,the show would sell out before I could get tickets.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.