Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Queen

Votes: 38 52.1%

• Total voters

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: The Doors versus Queen!

I voted The Doors . Queen was obviously a really talented band but they begin to bore me once they started putting the majority of their efforts toward commercialized pop tunes .Give me Queen II ,Queen I and Sheer Heart Attack over the rest of their discography any day .

If only they had used their genius for evil instead of good !!! :lmao:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Those are worthy albums you listed but my all time favorite will always be this one. I still have my old vinyl copy.

23ldyyc.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

^^Oh yeah, that is another good one LG "Sleeping on the Side Walk " etc. are great songs and they do have other albums that I like as well but their unfortunate preference for the pop tune really sets me off .

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"Queen II" has been my favorite for a while but lately "A Night At The Opera" has been sneaking up on it. I mean, once you really look into the variety and unique recording techniques they used on that album you just can't help but be impressed. For example, to get the old phonograph sound for the vocals on "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon" they ran Freddie's vocals from the recording booth, through the console, to a speaker that was place inside of a tin can with a second microphone in it and they then ran that recording back to the console where it was actually recorded and put to tape. That to me just seems like such a creative idea for recording to get a distinctive sound and all for one of the simplest songs on the album.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

A Night at the Opera and even A Day at the Races are also albums I have and enjoy .
My first post in this thread was over simplified but I wish that they had stuck to more of their hard rock roots .I'm not saying that some of their other material isn't creative but when most all of the hard rock was removed and they got more commercial and less and less inventive I just stopped digging any farther .

I may need to give them a second chance now that I am a bit older honestly.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I tend to agree with you DKW, I like their harder stuff myself, but then again they are very good at the lighter pop songs as well.

My least favorite album would be "Jazz". I didn't like it much at all when it came out.:nw:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I tend to agree with you DKW, I like their harder stuff myself, but then again they are very good at the lighter pop songs as well.

My least favorite album would be "Jazz". I didn't like it much at all when it came out.:nw:

That is when I got totally turned off . I was already disappointed by their new direction but was still giving them some credit up until that point .

snowblue

Reaction score

I've never been a Doors fan so it's Queen for me.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online