Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Queen

Votes: 38 52.1%

• Total voters

Roxi

Reaction score
The Doors.

I'm from Southern California. The doors were formed in Los Angeles, CA
I can listen to an entire album of The Doors and love/strongly like every song and I never get tired of them.
My favorite Doors song is "L.A. Woman"
"Crystal Ship" is simply beautiful and can make me cry.
"Light My Fire" was my pre-puberty awakening for pure raw "love" consciousness and was always on the radio!
Who can resist loving a band whose lead singer, frontman, and songwriter died in a bathtub in Paris, France, and to this day controversy surrounds his death?

I appreciate Queen's talent and Freddie Mercury had an amazing voice, was beautiful (as was Jim Morrison) and I love Brian May too, but I have to vote for The Doors for their sheer staying power in my life and mind's playlist.

JimJam

Reaction score
The Doors

Two great bands, not a whole lot in common other than flamboyant singers. With some exceptions in the '80s, I consider Queen's best work to be in the '70s.

For The Doors, I consider the first album a landmark and have loved it since I was around age 9 (except The End, which I did not get into until I was a teen). I also love Strange Days, Morrison Hotel and L.A. Woman in their entirety. I think of their organ sound as an extension of '60s garage bands and even with Morrison's lyrical flights they usually remembered to rock. Having said that, Blue Sunday and Crystal Ship are shimmering ballads.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.