• Queen

Votes: 38 52.1%

• Total voters

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Re: The Doors versus Queen!

The poll is an impossible task.

Mostly because the amazingness of the Doors and Queen, put together, is far too much for a lady to get her head around.

On the one hand, there's the Doors. With sexy beautiful Jim, and his sexy beautiful vocals, his songwriting talent, and the fact that whenever I want to chill or just completely exit from reality for a while, I listen to the Doors.

On the other hand, there's Queen. With the greatest vocalist perhaps of all time, who effortlessly brought life to some of the most incredibly elaborately orchestrated ******** melodies. Therefore whenever I need to pick myself up off the ground and feel infinitely better about life itself, I dig some Queen.

Therefore, to choose between the two would be like dividing by zero.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Not a huge fan of Queen although I like some of their songs. I like The Doors way more.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Queen

and to quote Magic, "The Doors never made anything this beautiful":

Gorgeous song, and I always picture Connor MacLeod of the clan MacLeod weeping his wee heart out over losing Heather whenever I hear this :wa Gosh, thoughts of Christopher Lambert in Highlander <swoon>

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

*Sniff sniff*

What's that I smell? It's not teen spirit, it's not children, it's not what The Rock is cooking....It smells an awful like eggs, most likely on someone's face.

Image+%3D+Egg+On+Face.jpg

teasing.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was very surprised when I learned a few years ago how massively successful Queen was in England. If I'm not mistaken one of their albums is the all time best seller in England's history, which all things considered is quite an amazing accomplishment.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yep LG, that's their first Greatest Hits album. It beats out "Sgt. Pepper..." and "What's The Story (Morning Glory)" in second and third place respectively. They're also the most successful band chart wise in the UK, making the mighty Beatles take second place once again. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is quite a feat, but my dear friend if it was Queen vs The Beatles I would have to go with the Liverpudlians in that one...:D

Both top notch bands beyond any realm of doubt.:bow:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well it's obvious that The Beatles would win just about anywhere against anyone but if one were to weigh in all, and I mean all, of the factors then I think Queen are their closest rivals. A real bout would certainly be a clash of titans, an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object, and the ultimate match between music's two grandest tour de Forces.

I'd pay to see that on pay per view. :heheh:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

A real bout would certainly be a clash of titans, an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object, and the ultimate assault of music's two grandest tour de Forces.

I'd pay to see that on pay per view. :heheh:

And only one will survive, I wonder who it will be?
This is the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online