Queen (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Since Brian May is so involved, I expect that it will do Queen and Freddie justice. I'm also sure it'll be a box office success! I love Queen, but I'm not a huge fan of biopics, so I'll probably wait for a Blu-ray release.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'm also not typically a fan of bio-films. This one intrigues me more for the music than anything else and hearing even clips of some of those Queen tracks on some ULTRA-DLX theather or an IMAX theater may very well make it worth the price of admission.

Just a few weeks to go.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Just came across this. interesting live video of Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde and Yngwie Malmsteen doing an instrumental version of Bohemian Rhapsody

Edit: I think that the 4th guitarist might be Nuno Bettencourt as well, but not 100% positive on that.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I thought it was a good movie. Brian May and Roger Taylor were advisors for the film so that gives it some credibility. The actors looked very similar to the actual band and had their mannerisms down as well. Dude who played Brian May was spot on.
I noticed some flaws. They were apparently booked for their first American tour in 1974 and they were shown playing Fat Bottomed Girls which was on the Jazz album from 1978. Also they showed Freddy Mercury with his short hair during the recording of News of the World (1977). That didn't happen til around 1980. No big deal to the casual fan I suppose.

obscurerock

Reaction score
I'm glad they made the movie, and I'll eventually watch it, but I also dislike it for one particular reason: even though it's great that it introduced quite a few millenials and gen x to Queen, they're now acting like they're the greatest band ever.

I like Queen, but I think kids now calling them the greatest ever is pretty disrespectful to who I see as the big 3: AC/DC, Zeppelin, and Sabbath.

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online