Queen (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The "Official" Queen Thread

By the way, guys. At the beginning of the third minute of "More of that Jazz" sounds guitar passage, that seems to be useful "Metallica" for their song "Master of Puppets". Although, perhaps it's just a coincidence.2_sm5.gif

Yes, I've heard that before as well. It is interesting espcially considering James in particular is a big fan of Queen.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Since this is a Queen thread ;)

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score

Prime and Cunishment, It's cool guys! I like their version of "Fat Bottomed Girls".2_sm.gif

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Love queen, but i'd simply throw down the drain radio gaga and undr pressure.....nothing to do with the real mercury sound:):)

Travelin' Man

Reaction score

The Jazz LP. *heavy sigh*
If you guys don't mind, I'll bore with a story that I'll swear on a stack of Bibles is true.

While loving the songs from the Jazz album, I'll admit to never having actually purchased it (in cassette form) until December of 1983. December 19th to be exact. Why do I remember the date?

Keep reading....

I owned/drove a 1972 Corvette Stingray in 1983. My best friend (and fellow lover of Queen) at that time was named Tony. Tony was not just my best friend, but he was also my "lab partner.". I say lab partner in the sense that Tony and I did a LOT of "chemical experimentation." There's more to that story, but you now know what needs to known for this tale.

In 1983 Tony was working day shift whilst I was working afternoons. On the morning of the aforementioned date I called Tony and told him that I'd take him to lunch. I picked him up and we headed not just for the local mall, but for the Music Stop within. It was there and then that I purchased the Queen Jazz cassette.

Now mind you that I had an Alpine cassette/stereo in my Vette. It included the auto-reverse feature (top o' the line stuff in those days). Tony and I had blown our time and money on what we felt was much needed music and I, losing my cool to the girls with fat bottoms, promptly drove him back to the doorstep of his employer (Tony was building computer modems long before most of us knew what in the hell they were).

Fat Bottom Girls was/is by far my favorite song from the Jazz LP and I played it over and over again as I drove home.

Without getting into all of the gory details, I'll say that I was involved in an accident on my way home that day. An accident that involved me ass ending a 1981 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Due to the impact of the accident, my Alpine cassette deck, which had been blaring the dulcet tones Fat Bottom Girls, switched to the other side of the cassette.

The first that words out of my cassette deck were "Don't stop me now, I'm havin' such a good time, I'm havin' a ball!"

Needless to say, I ejected the cassette with malice and fervor.

Fat Bottom Girls remains one of my Queen favorites to this day...........albeit for reasons that I hadn't foreseen in 1982. I'll never forget that day in 1983, but I'll also never forget the time stamp that Fat Bottom Girls (and Queen) placed on my life/memory.

Good stuff.......even when you're sweeping fiberglass up, out of the road. *nods*

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You are fortunate TM, I owned an '85 Grand Marquis and they are built like a tank one of the best cars Mercury ever made.

I just never really enjoyed that album, I could give it another listen and re-evaluate it I suppose but "Fat Bottomed Girls" is not likely to move up on my personal list of Queen songs.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I hadn't gotten into Queen that much until around summer last year, and when I started listening to their songs that weren't just the ones that EVERYBODY knows, I generally liked what I heard. Freddie Mercury is a really powerful vocalist. But that kinda goes without saying.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Under Pressure

:bow:

QUEEN%2001%20(Freddy%20Mercury)%20Madison%20Square%20Garden%20NYC%20-1982.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member