Procol Harum (Official Thread)

StarThrower

Reaction score
Procol Harum

I found no threads for this band in 60s or 70s music. Apparently the Partridge Family deserved a thread before Procol Harum. :rolleyes:

I suppose they're one of the forgotten bands? Their big hit, A Whiter Shade Of Pale notwithstanding.

Anyway, I've been listening to them a lot lately and I think they were one of the great bands of the era. Gary Brooker is a great vocalist and songwriter, and Robin Trower was the band's guitarist on the first five albums.

Qualities you don't hear in most rock bands today are good melodies, arrangements, and fine keyboard playing. Procol Harum had all of these qualities and they had it together before most bands.

StarThrower

Reaction score
Re: Procol Harum

Funny you should upload that tune. I never liked their boogie rock tunes from the Home album. A Salty Dog is more representative of their style.

Fever

Reaction score
Re: Procol Harum

Procol Harum is going on tour with Yes this summer.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Simple Sister live at Beat Club with Dave Ball (replacing Robin Trower). The solo is just perfect - long, emotional... brilliant!

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I saw them a few years ago at the Isle of Wight festival they were very good, they did a storming set and included the classic "whiter shade of pale".

The band was then, Brooker, Brzezicki, Pegg, Phillips, Whitehorn and talked about their time at the original festival in 1970. What a nice bunch of people doing what they know best.

Top Tunes...

wow another awesome prog rock band we three like :bow: :grinthumb

Neshabur

Reaction score
Extracted from their live album Procol Harum Live: In Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra:

Unfortunately, Robin Trower was no longer with theirs, the bluesy member of the band, but it's a good album which collects the best music from the beginnings. Conquistador was a great commercial hit.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Neshabur

Conquistador is from the debut album.......and that song is now 50 years old! It's definitely stood the test of time. A true classic.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online