popular bands that you hate

runtfan

Reaction score
She keeps the beat, so she a 10/10 as far as drummers go.

Ummm,no...that would make her maybe a 2 out of 10 ( only ahead of drummers who can't keep a beat).
Drummers should probably be offended by your remark.By your logic, even the best drummers are less than a drum machine, which eliminates any chance of human error whatsoever.
I'm guessing you don't play in a band or watch much live music.

runtfan

Reaction score
Some lame classic rock bands:

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice in Chains
Asia
Bon Jovi
David Lee Roth
Dio
Europe
Foreigner
Guns N' Roses
Journey
KISS
Meat Loaf
Motley Crue
Poison
Queensryche
Quiet Riot
RATT
Rainbow
REO Speedwagon
Rush
Scorpions
Skid Row
Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots
Symphony X
Ted Nugent
Toto
Twisted Sister
Van Halen
W.A.S.P.
Warrant
Wings

Most any of these bands would beat the pants off of Radiohead

Radiohead > You

Pretentious
Reaction score
Ummm,no...that would make her maybe a 2 out of 10 ( only ahead of drummers who can't keep a beat).
Drummers should probably be offended by your remark.By your logic, even the best drummers are less than a drum machine, which eliminates any chance of human error whatsoever.
I'm guessing you don't play in a band or watch much live music.

As a matter of fact I am in a band and I do go to lots of gigs. But my point is the main objective of a drummer is to keep a beat. So what if she doesn't wank over her instrument like Neil Peart. She's much more tasteful than him.

runtfan

Reaction score
As a matter of fact I am in a band and I do go to lots of gigs. But my point is the main objective of a drummer is to keep a beat. So what if she doesn't wank over her instrument like Neil Peart. She's much more tasteful than him.

So, are you saying anything over and above just keeping a steady beat is "wankery"?
...and does that standard apply to other instruments as well?

So, she's more tasteful than Neil Peart? How would you know - she's just keeping a beat. How could you tell if she's even more tasteful than a sequencer?
And don't limit your wrath to just Neil Peart - just about every drummer that we'll ever hear about aspires to more than Meg White's "just keeping a beat".

Radiohead > You

Pretentious
Reaction score
Irony is bad thing eh?

You're reasons for not liking The White Stripes were that Meg White isn't a very skillful drummer and that Jack White was placed #17 on a greatest guitarists list. Those are the most pretentious reasons I've heard of somebody as to why they don't like a band. Personally, I decide how much I like a band on songwriting, not on their technical ability.

Radiohead > You

Pretentious
Reaction score
So, are you saying anything over and above just keeping a steady beat is "wankery"?
...and does that standard apply to other instruments as well?

So, she's more tasteful than Neil Peart? How would you know - she's just keeping a beat. How could you tell if she's even more tasteful than a sequencer?
And don't limit your wrath to just Neil Peart - just about every drummer that we'll ever hear about aspires to more than Meg White's "just keeping a beat".

Shes more tasteful than Neil Peart because she doesn't wank over her instrument. I thought I allready made that clear, and no, I did not suggest that if you're not "just keeping a beat" its wankery. Bill Bruford and Phil Selway are very technically able drummer, yet they don't wank over their instruments like Peart does.

In addition, Meg has a pair of breasts, that automatically makes her better than 99% of drummers.

runtfan

Reaction score
You're reasons for not liking The White Stripes were that Meg White isn't a very skillful drummer and that Jack White was placed #17 on a greatest guitarists list. Those are the most pretentious reasons I've heard of somebody as to why they don't like a band. Personally, I decide how much I like a band on songwriting, not on their technical ability.

Fine, but it's none of your business how anybody else evaluates music. Just because others use more or different criteria than you do doesn't make them pretentious...maybe discriminating, but not pretentious.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.