Yes
U2
Bruce Springsteen
Iron Maiden
Grateful Dead
R.E.M
Bon Jovi
KISS

Yes, I agree with you about everyone of those artists but Yes. :D In my opinion, Yes has a ton of awesome songs, which people are sick of hearing because they get "mad-played" on the radio, which only goes to show how good the songs are. I'm talking about Classic Rock Radio, which seems to only know how to play Roundabout, I've Seen All Good People, and Owner Of A Lonely Heart. :rolleyes:

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you about everyone of those artists but Yes. :D In my opinion, Yes has a ton of awesome songs, which people are sick of hearing because they get "mad-played" on the radio, which only goes to show how good the songs are. I'm talking about Classic Rock Radio, which seems to only know how to play Roundabout, I've Seen All Good People, and Owner Of A Lonely Heart. :rolleyes:

True about Yes only getting about three songs played, although I do hear them play Long Distance Runaround/the Fish from time to time,...there was one occasion a few years ago when I heard Starship Troopers on our local station, I about fell over from disbelief, I think the DJ was out taking a..........restroom break :heheh:

Edit: Starship Troopers is a really fantastic song.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
True about Yes only getting about three songs played, although I do hear them play Long Distance Runaround/the Fish from time to time,...there was one occasion a few years about when I heard Starship Troopers, I about fell over from disbelief, I think the DJ was out taking a..........restroom break :heheh:

Edit: Starship Troopers is a really fantastic song.

I plain forgot those other two. :uh: A restroom break? You mean a seven course meal! :gig

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I kind of can't understand someone into progressive rock and not into Yes. I get that some of it is wonky and even pretentious but they have several albums with fairly different styles. What you normally hear on the radio is probably their most - no definitely their most banal shit so I guess if that's all you ever heard from them I can understand.

Maiden's first two albums are gold GOLD! If you like hard rock at all I'm guessing there is at least a song or two you'd find pretty cool.

I understand the hate for Kiss but fortunately I heard them well before seeing them or 'gasp' hearing them speak. Their early albums are still among my favorite straight up hard rock out there. Not trying to say they are 'technically superior' or anything but they get your toes tapping and that's usually all it takes for me.

I don't despise Yes. I mostly can't stand Jon Anderson's voice. I think I've Seen all Good People is a great song, but for the most part they underwhelm me as prog rock.

Iron Maiden- Every song sounds like horses galloping down the plain. Kinda like the William tell Overture. Every song sounds the same.

I get that KISS is "rock and roll". But it's so boring.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I don't despise Yes. I mostly can't stand Jon Anderson's voice. I think I've Seen all Good People is a great song, but for the most part they underwhelm me as prog rock.

Iron Maiden- Every song sounds like horses galloping down the plain. Kinda like the William tell Overture. Every song sounds the same.

I get that KISS is "rock and roll". But it's so boring.

And what is wrong with the sound of horses galloping down the plain? :gig

I guess I can understand the irritation with Jon Anderson's voice. It's kind of like that with me, when Dennis De Young. :pullhair: Not all the songs he sings, but just some make me feel like nails on a chalk board.

Lady Stardust

Reaction score
Kiss (except for Detroit Rock City) - Gene Simmons needs to STFU most of the time.
Van Halen (Boring to me)
U2 (also boring)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I understand why people hate Maiden but funny enough the hate has made me want to listen to them. lol

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
And what is wrong with the sound of horses galloping down the plain? :gig

I guess I can understand the irritation with Jon Anderson's voice. It's kind of like that with me, when Dennis De Young. :pullhair: Not all the songs he sings, but just some make me feel like nails on a chalk board.

Same here with Dennis De Young, I'm not even sure it's his voice that's annoying but more the way he enunciates (Spelling?) He sounds like the world's biggest sissy-boy.

Aero

Reaction score

First of all, I agree with you about YES. I don't like the singer's voice either so add me to that list of why I don't listen to this band.

Your comment about Maiden was funny though as my old college friend had the same problem with their "galloping" sound and would even go into a physical demonstration whenever the rest of us put them on the record player.

I can only hear that beat on "Run To The Hills" though so I don't know what other songs he was referring to. Don't recall any others on that album that sound the same.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online