Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I think most people are so jacked up on Echoes because, let's face it: it is one of their greatest epics, that they forget about the rest of Meddle. Even though the first side has very good songs they pale in comparison.

And, as a cohesive whole, Animals has always been my favorite PF album. It's a dark, angry, moody record. It's not sad like Wish or pensive like Dark Side. It knows what it wants to be. It's very "Take No Prisoners", and I love it!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've always enjoyed the contrast between side one of Meddle and Echoes myself, side one also shows PF having some fun which is a rare occasion for them.

You make some good points, but DSTOM to me is art, I don't think any other album in music history had as much of an impact over as long an interval as it did, generations of us grew up and bought and were amazed by that album.

Even now when I play it, it still takes me to a particular place that no other PF album does.

Cowboy

Old Time Rocker
Reaction score
I took another listen of Dark Side earlier today and it blew my mind. I don't understand why I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now back when I bought it and first listened to it. It's probably the saxophone solos that are just beautiful. But, I still dismiss a lot of it like how boring I think the first half of the album is. The only song I like in the first half is Time, but that has a very slow start to it which weakens the song for me. But Us & Them, Money and Any Colour You Like is enough to make me love the album a lot more than I did. Brain Damage and Eclipse are forgettable. Although I do find a strange likeness to Brain Damage.

I was on a poll earlier today where it was, "Echoes vs. Atom Heart Mother". And Echoes absolutely dominated it with I think about 16 to 60. I feel as if that song made the impact and made Meddle so popular other then the other tracks.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I think Dark Side is the greatest album probably ever made. It's the benchmark by which all others should be judged, production wise. But I have grown tired of it and all the hoopla that surrounds it. Now when I listen to it, I prefer listen to the live shows from 1972, which show the work in progress and the tweaks and changes they made to it. Time sounded like a funeral dirge, On The Run was an entire band jam session,Great Gig was a church organ piece complete with preacher!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I took another listen of Dark Side earlier today and it blew my mind. I don't understand why I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now back when I bought it and first listened to it. It's probably the saxophone solos that are just beautiful. But, I still dismiss a lot of it like how boring I think the first half of the album is. The only song I like in the first half is Time, but that has a very slow start to it which weakens the song for me. But Us & Them, Money and Any Colour You Like is enough to make me love the album a lot more than I did. Brain Damage and Eclipse are forgettable. Although I do find a strange likeness to Brain Damage.

I was on a poll earlier today where it was, "Echoes vs. Atom Heart Mother". And Echoes absolutely dominated it with I think about 16 to 60. I feel as if that song made the impact and made Meddle so popular other then the other tracks.
I would have easily gone for Atom Heart Mother in that poll, better album for me personally.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Probably the best solo album any of Pink Floyd's members released, it's the one I listen to more than any of Roger's which I find really dark and somber.

Picked up a very good vinyl copy of David's album last winter, the CD is good too which isn't surprising David is meticulous in everything he does when ti comes to music.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Yeah, that is my favorite. His second one wasn't that bad but didn't at all inspire me to buy a copy. Never heard Rick Wright's but Waters stuff was just plain boring.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online