1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Jam (Official Thread)

Discussion in '90's Music' started by bethrocksguitar, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Tattoo'd Lady

Tattoo'd Lady Scentless Apprentice

Re: Pearl Jam

im surprised there aren't any fans of post Vs. Pearl Jam. they're a great band, every album from Ten to Yield is absolutely amazing. their the best band of the last 20 years imo. my favorite album is either Yield or No Code. those two are just superb.

2. Tattoo'd Lady

3. Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim Senior Member

Love PJ. No Code and Yeild are also favorites, but the last two have been really good too.

4. Tattoo'd Lady

i agree, Backspacer is a great album and so is the Avocado album :grinthumb

5. Aktivator

Aktivator aka Hightea

Was a big fan of PJ in the early and mid 90's. Took a long break from them and just over the past two years have jumped right back in. It's not that I stop liking them its just that I like too much music to concentrate on one band and I might have tired of Eddie's vocals. However, these past two years I've listened to all their albums new and old. They have a great catalog of music. All their albums have great moments but I guess may favorites are still Vs and Vitology

6. PinkFreud

PinkFreud Rock Junkie

Interestingly, Pearl Jam is the only grunge (or grunge-esque) band that my dad likes :p He says he thinks Eddie Vedder's voice is great. I can understand that, I do think Eddie's voice is really good, nice and deep and powerful, but not too overwhelming on the senses

7. Tattoo'd Lady

wow i couldn't disagree more. they started off with a great sound and strived to look for another sound and kept experimenting with each release. i would have been bored to tears with PJ if every album sounded like Ten

8. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Exactly, Tatoo'd, they change too much, and my subjective tastes dont like them beyond their first album or so. Dont get me wrong, I like Vedder as a vocalist, but I just cant get into their music......sowwy !! But you are more than welcome to enjoy their music, and I can dislike them all I want :moon:

9. Gabble Ratchet

Gabble Ratchet Senior Member

Love PJ! Disappointed to miss their live show, by the time I found out they were coming the tickets were all sold out!

Oh well, my favourite songs are:

Rearviewmirror
    Elderly Woman...
    Alive
    Better Man
    Daughter
    Jeremy
    Corduroy
    Yellow Ledbetter

10. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT!

I agree with this! Pearl Jam has the same criticism that the Smashing Pumpkins had in that they wanted to grow as artist and not stay stagnant and the "fans" always complained that they weren't doing another Siamese Dream or Melloncollie! Adore was one of their greatest IMO but a lot of fans hated it. Anyway, back to Pearl Jam, I didn't like Binaural or Riot Act but I still buy every album in their catalog (outside of all 70+ live albums) because I'm a fan of them and like to see where a band goes throughout their career! :grinthumb