Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I am also a big Paul McCartney fan. Of all the post Beatles music from the four, his is the greatest in my opinion. I saw him at the Rosemount Horizon in December of 1989 and, Cyclone Stadium in July of 1990 in support of the Flowers In The Dirt album and May of 1993 at Arrowhead Stadium singing songs from Off The Ground. (He and Ringo are the only Beatles I've seen live)
I was a member of a fan club in the late 80's and early 90's and was able to get one of the early vinyl copies of Choba B Cccp in America. These things were selling for $500 after a few months but I still have mine and an unauthorized digital upgrade.
I somehow have a few difference versions of the Alternate Red Rose Speedway as well as Last Flight Live In Glasgow. In 1984, I eagerly awaited opening day for the Give My Regards To Broadstreet movie, which is still interesting for me to watch. I don't care that it is really just a poorly managed series of music videos.
I also have a collection of compact discs that was marketed as being authorized in the Russian Federation (bootleg) which has two Macca albums on each disc or an album and plenty of bonus tracks. It is a fantastic collection.
Im a big fan of Paul McCartney.

E-Z

Reaction score
I am also a big Paul McCartney fan. Of all the post Beatles music from the four, his is the greatest in my opinion. I saw him at the Rosemount Horizon in December of 1989 and, Cyclone Stadium in July of 1990 in support of the Flowers In The Dirt album and May of 1993 at Arrowhead Stadium singing songs from Off The Ground. (He and Ringo are the only Beatles I've seen live)
I was a member of a fan club in the late 80's and early 90's and was able to get one of the early vinyl copies of Choba B Cccp in America. These things were selling for $500 after a few months but I still have mine and an unauthorized digital upgrade.
I somehow have a few difference versions of the Alternate Red Rose Speedway as well as Last Flight Live In Glasgow. In 1984, I eagerly awaited opening day for the Give My Regards To Broadstreet movie, which is still interesting for me to watch. I don't care that it is really just a poorly managed series of music videos.
I also have a collection of compact discs that was marketed as being authorized in the Russian Federation (bootleg) which has two Macca albums on each disc or an album and plenty of bonus tracks. It is a fantastic collection.
Im a big fan of Paul McCartney.
I bought that double-live cd WINGS LIVE OVER AMERICA about 6-7 weeks ago and it's not a bad album to listen to. Wings were quite a big deal back in the 1973-75 period in the UK and had a number of hit singles in the British singles charts I recall. Wasn't McCartney 'busted' on drugs charges in Japan around 1975-76 I seem to recall(?) but I can't remember exactly when cos I didn't follow the band Wings to closely I basically just remember hearing their hit singles being played on the radio and on pub jukeboxes back then.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
If you were not aware, they filmed some of those live performances on that tour of course. Search for Rockshow on your movie streaming device or YouTube.
Back in 1989, when Paul was beginning his world tour, I remember the American cable tv channel called VH1 had a Paul McCartney video weekend, playing only Macca music videos for three days straight. I filled three VHS tapes with videos by just recording until the tape ran out. They must have played the Rockshow version of "Jet" 20 times.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
If you were not aware, they filmed some of those live performances on that tour of course. Search for Rockshow on your movie streaming device or YouTube.
Back in 1989, when Paul was beginning his world tour, I remember the American cable tv channel called VH1 had a Paul McCartney video weekend, playing only Macca music videos for three days straight. I filled three VHS tapes with videos by just recording until the tape ran out. They must have played the Rockshow version of "Jet" 20 times.
I liked WINGS because they had some good albums and released some good singles that charted in the UK during the mid-1970s and were a 'proper rock band' fronted by Paul and Linda McCartney and including Denny Laine and Jimmy McCulloch on guitars and touring the USA in the mid-1970s and playing some great gigs as well instead of him just knocking out yet another studio album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online