Pantera (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Floods. Another reason why Dimebag was a legend on guitar. Made some of the best metal riffs.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Right On The Edge and Heavy Metal Rules riffs are very nice, love them.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am so tempted to order the 80s Glam albums on Ebay. As a music fan it would be awesome to have those in my collection.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm, as you probably know, not huge on glam metal. Or even glam rock. But I do enjoy Pantera's glam albums well enough. They're pretty cool and show the seeds of greatness.

I used to fantasize about forming a Pantera tribute band some day and the encore "we" did was always Power Metal. ahahaha ;)

Would have loved to hear Phil sing it just once in the 90s. While the high-pitched falsetto thing he did in those days (and CFH) obviously fits the tune better I think his gruff heavy voice would sound awesome on the track as well.

I'm also a little curious why Kerry King from Slayer was hanging out with these guys even back when they were glam!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Never saw their early days as glam...though they had a couple glam photos....sort of. But they were power metal as the song says. Riffs that you hear in European metal...then and TODAY!!

Here's the studio version. Actually his voice (as well as the style of this song) is alot like Dan Beehler from Exciter :grinthumb

Stiff n Cold

Square Peg, Round Hole.
Reaction score
Nice to see some love on the web for Pantera - they were so important to me through my teenage years of metal discovery. I once read a review of a live gig they did in a mag somewhere, the photo was of Phil centre stage, foot on monitor, mic in hand, sneering at the crowd. The caption read "Pantera - A f*****g heavy metal band". Summed it up perfectly for me.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Happy birthday to the late Dimebag Darrell.
dimebag_darrell.jpg
Absolute legend guitarist. RIP brother.

Stiff n Cold

Square Peg, Round Hole.
Reaction score
I picked up "Far, Beyond, Driven" at the weekend on CD (I am trying to boost my CD collection again and move away from downloads). Spent most of Saturday afternoon taking one massive and very enjoyable trip down memory lane.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Wicked ink here

6344_10151314235059697_1034866465_n.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy