Overkill (Official Thread)

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Re: Overkill

I love this band. Not much else to add. Might as well have just said +1 or "Ditto."

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

What I'm Missin'

overkillusabloodletting.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I had to give the thread a bump...as I'm listening to Taking Over tonight and was headbangin' to Deny The Cross! What a killer tune!!

rat_overkill_1985.jpg

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score

Overkill is great. Seen them tons of times. Last time I saw them in concert was on Gigantour about 5 years ago with Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God and many more.

Opeth was there too but I'm still trying to erase that musical horror from my memory.

Overkill is a metal band like some others who came out in the early 80s and have managed to evolve and keep their music fresh and hard. Testament, Exodus, Slayer and others are similar in that regard.

If you haven't yet check out their newest album that came out last year, Ironbound. Pretty good body of work. I enjoyed it a lot.

Dead video removed - Riff Raff

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

I used to have ReliXIV in heavy rotation when I was doing radio. I believe they might have been on Spitfire Records at that time.

If I remember right, they spent time on a few different labels, some of whom didn't service my old radio station. The other albums I used to play a lot were Coverkill and one of their live records from the 2000's.

It just so happens they were one of those metal bands I didn't have much earlier material from.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ironbound and Necroshine are my favourite albums.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score

My god, Overkill must be the only good thing that came out of Jersey. Besides Jay And Silent Bob. Blitz has got a killer set of pipes on him. Oh yeah, his voice is wicked too. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

This is some killer metal :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Need to get more albums from this band, most underated of the thrash genre for mine. The Big Four does not make them all the best thrash bands, Overkill have at least remained rather consistent musically, Ironbound has some great songs on it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.