Old School THRASH METAL (- Big 4 )

GV1967Piggy

Reaction score
My Big 7 of Thrash (US) would be Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Exodus, Overkill, Testament.
My Big 7 of Thrash (EU) would be Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Tankard, Onslaught, Holy Moses, Exumer.
7 of the Best of the rest would be Sepultura, Razor, Voivod, Infernal Majesty, Hobb's Angel of Death, Mortal Sin, Annihilator.

E-Z

Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that after 45 years of listening to mainly heavy rock or hard rock whatever you wanna call it the only type of music that I really enjoy listening to is THRASH or THRASH METAL bands!!.

EXODUS was and still is f**king AWSOME!!.

E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Currently listening to EXODUS & SHOVEL HEADED KILL MACHINE
:headbang

E-Z

Last edited:

Arkie

Reaction score
I wonder what Gary Holts next move is after Slayers demise... back to Exodus? Him a Kerry King should join forces with Judas Priest lol what a thought.
I got my Birthday tickets last week for Slayers last US show...ever ('allegedly') Hows this for a line up - Slayer-Behemoth- Anthrax- Lamb of God and Testament.

Looks good to me.
wvDrzl3.jpg

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I wonder what Gary Holts next move is after Slayers demise... back to Exodus? Him a Kerry King should join forces with Judas Priest lol what a thought.
I got my Birthday tickets last week for Slayers last US show...ever ('allegedly') Hows this for a line up - Slayer-Behemoth- Anthrax- Lamb of God and Testament.

Looks good to me.
wvDrzl3.jpg

Minus LOG it's pretty killer. Holt needs to return to Exodus. Blood In Blood Out is pure Thrash awesomeness while the lastest Slayer is pretty ** hum , IMO.

Arkie

Reaction score
Minus LOG it's pretty killer. Holt needs to return to Exodus. Blood In Blood Out is pure Thrash awesomeness while the lastest Slayer is pretty ** hum , IMO.
Yeah but it Slayers last show and i must be there. Kinda like goin' to a funeral, but it is what it is. And i dunno how the hell LOG got in on this. Machine Head or Death Angel wouldve fit the bill nicely. Oh well... i shall persevere .

Blood in and Tempo are my must have Exodus favs. I hope Holt returns too, but i think him and Kerry have something cooked up. We shall see.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Yeah but it Slayers last show and i must be there. Kinda like goin' to a funeral, but it is what it is. And i dunno how the hell LOG got in on this. Machine Head or Death Angel wouldve fit the bill nicely. Oh well... i shall persevere .

Blood in and Tempo are my must have Exodus favs. I hope Holt returns too, but i think him and Kerry have something cooked up. We shall see.

Yeah, I understand. Not saying Slayer isn't worthy of seeing again and in all fairness Slayers latest isn't bad just not a great Slayer album.
What I'm really getting at is I hope Holt goes back to Exodus and lets King go his own way or works both project and his band. Death Angel kills it live that would be a great fit.
BTW, Ive seen every band on the bill and the two you offered up as replacements.
Machine Head were killer but I'm not fond of the new one TBH.
Even Lamb was pretty killer live but I would rather so one else like Kreator, Overkill, Death Angel , Obituary etc. was on the bill myself.
Thinking about getting tickets as well.

Have fun.\m/

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online