Old Gems You've Recently Discovered

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like 4 of those albums you posted Sooty, Alice, BOC, Styx and BeBop Deluxe. Pieces of Eight is my favorite Styx record, and the last great album they ever released.

BeBop Deluxe never made it big over here, I think they enjoyed more success at home and in Europe but I've always liked them.

Aero

Reaction score
Here's another one that I heard on the radio for the very first time ever (I think The Sound played it). The chorus was stuck in my head for the entire day so I went home and looked it up on YouTube. Apparently, it went to #4 in the US and Canada on the Billboard Singles chart but you never hear it anymore.

The song was inspired by the number of keys on Pinera's Rhodes piano. Pinera said, "Okay, I need a first word." And what came into my head was 73. I liked the rhythm, and I went, "73 men sailed up, from the San Francisco Bay." ... The song sort of just wrote itself from there."

Ride Captain Ride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Bought this album yesterday for £1.99 in a charity shop not knowing what they sound like. From the description they seemed to play rock/classic rock/AOR type of music. It's South African band Stingray and they released this album in 1979. The single 'Better Than Devil You Know' was a big hit over there. And when I played it... damn, sound great!

stingray1.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.