Obscure Gems From The "Classic" Prog/Rock Era

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Highly inventive English psych-prog outfit, the members of which are completely unknown, with top-notch performances all around for their only 1971 album originally on Vertigo (IBC studios), re-released on Shadoks. The sound reminds of American proto-proggers TOUCH but with superior musicianship and studio know-how. The term 'SHUTTAH' is from the Bible.

'The Image Maker vol. 1&2' is a colorful and beautifully produced mix of heavy organ riffs, fuzz guitar, bass, drums, horns, assorted instrumentation and noises, and centers around a century of English war experience. It is a true missing artifact of progressive psychedelic rock and is one of the first examples of a fully realized theatrical concept record.

A long-lost beauty, this monumental but completely unidentified relic is finally unearthed and available from Shadoks Music. Highly recommended, and mandatory for Prog and Psych historians.

-- Atavachron (David) --

Great album and a must have for any 70's progressive rock enthusiasts !

SHUTTAH:

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
UK progressive band formed in '69 and released one self-titled album. They have ties to bands like Deep Purple ( through Gillan's pre-Purple, Episode 6. ) and Atomic Rooster, and also morphed into The Ian Gillan Band many years later. Three piece Organ led powerful prog that takes some adventitious ,inventive turns .The last video featured here "Laughin' Tackle" was a favorite of mine. I liked to do some "cosmic traveling " to it when I was a bit younger . haha

QUATERMASTER :

joe

Reaction score
Crossover proggers Aardvark(1970) out of the UK were a fuzzed out hammond organ led band with no guitarist. Some songs are very experimental psych with others being rather melodic. Some what of a "barking" novelty.

BTW, do Aardvarks bark?

joe

Reaction score
Ache from Denmark is a symphonic prog artist speckled with psych and jazz-fusion. The Nice comes to mind and also early Pink Floyd. Heavy on the Hammond but some fantastic guitar work as well. All the elements of prog. are here which I love. The first two albums De Homine Urbano(1970) and Green Man(1970) are packaged together on one CD on the Phillips label from Germany.

joe

Reaction score
Wolf, here's an album cover for ya:heheh: Dark, murky, bluesy prog/rock from Switzerland. McChurch Soundroom only released one album, Delusion from 1971. Early Jethro Tull meets Toad(?).

joe

Reaction score
During the early/mid 70's in the province of Quebec there was some what of prog/rock boom led by Maneige, Harmonium, and Sloche. IMO, Maneige was the best of these artists fusing classical leanings with symphonic prog. and some jazz and folk. Maneige released seven albums from 1975 to 1983 with the first three being my favourite. Absolutely beautiful uplifting music.

joe

Reaction score
Rock Progressivo Italiano artist Maxophone released only one album, thier s/t debut from 1975. So many labels could be applied to the musical composition that one word, diversity would sum it up. My favourite RPI piece of music available in Italian or English recordings.

drpesky

Reaction score
Hahaha That's pretty funny. I just got done watching the DVD Demons Of The Night Gather To See Black Widow - Live ( it also comes with a CD ) and figured "what the hell I'm gonna post these guys in the Prog thread lol

Yeah, that is the one.Tony Martin ( Awesome singer BTW ) is supposed to guest as you said .I have two conflicting bits of info on it .One says its supposed to have been released in 2009 and the other that it hasn't been released yet. Either way I haven't found it yet.
Hi, This is Clive from Black Widow / Agony Bag Thanks for the nice comments i can tell you the "Sleeping With Demon's" album has as yet not been released we are struggleing to find a label that will push it
i know there may be plans to release it as a download but like myself i know rock fans dont tend to like that much so we hope to maybe do both
Its certainly the best album since "Sacrifice" and after 40+ years has the follow up to "Come to the sabbat" lol
i guess its black magic with fun !!!!!!!yes Tony is on one track he came late to the project so it was not possible to include him on more than the one track but we hope to follow this album up
There is also a guest vocal from Kay Garret the original vocalist for B/W the first time Kay has been back in the studio for many years
Its been a long time in the making i hope you can wait just a little bit longer

Clive Jones

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update Sir Clive.:tup:

Count me in as someone who wants a proper CD not a download, unless you offer it in lossless With cover art from your homepage...that would be fine.:cheers:

I wish you the best of luck getting your album out.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.